L.A. Dodgers at Milwaukee Brewers MLB NLDS Game 6
- When: Wednesday, Oct. 17 at 5:05 pm ET
- Where: Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CA
- TV: FS1
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- Starting Pitchers: LAD – Hyun-Jin Ryu / MIL – Wade Miley
- NLCS Game 6 Odds: Los Angeles Dodgers -110 (Total 8)
- Overcast: 12°C/54°F
- Humidity: 74%
- Precipitation: 17%
- Cloud Cover: 90%
- Wind: 13 mph WSW
- Stadium Type: Retractable
Why the Los Angeles Dodgers are a good bet?
Hyun-Jin Ryu has pitched well during the MLB Playoffs. He threw 7 innings against the Braves in the NLDS and yielded 0 earned runs from 4 hits in 7 innings. Then, he pitched 4.1 innings versus the Brewers on Oct. 13. He gave up only 2 earned runs off 6 hits.
The Dodgers won both games that Ryu’s started. He’ll have his best stuff working on Friday, it will have been 6 days of rest, which means there’s a great chance he shuts down the Brewers’ bats.
- Runs/G: 4.93
- BA: .250
- OPS: .774
- HR: 235
- SB: 75
- ERA: 3.38
- WHIP: 1.15
- KS: 1,565
- Quality Starts: 79
- Errors: 100
Why the Milwaukee Brewers are a good bet?
Scheduled to start Game 5, Wade Miley faced one batter, threw 5 pitches, and then manager Greg Counsell pulled him. Counsell said it was by design, but the Dodgers blasted the Brewers 5-2, taking a 3-2 lead in the best-of-7 series.
Miley’s got a rested arm, which means Counsell’s gamble could work. If Miley brings his usual intensity to the mound, he could throw up to 7 innings. That might put the Brewers in a great position to win Game 6. If they win Game 6, Counsell’s got plenty of options on who starts in Game 7.
- Runs/G: 4.79
- BA: .256
- OPS: .757
- HR: 210
- SB: 95
- ERA: 4.33
- WHIP: 1.31
- KS: 1,049
- Quality Starts: 84
- Errors: 74
Dodgers vs Brewers NLCS Game 6 Betting Trends
- LA is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- LA is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Dodgers’ last 6 games on the road
- Milwaukee is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
- Milwaukee is 13-3 SU in its last 16 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Milwaukee’s last 9 games
- Milwaukee is 5-7 against LA Dodgers this season
- Ryu is 1-0 when starting against Milwaukee with an ERA of 3.09 and a WHIP of 1.201
- Miley is 4-5 when starting against LA Dodgers with an ERA of 3.18 and a WHIP of 1.264
Expert MLB Betting Prediction for Dodgers vs Brewers
Most everyone on the planet wondered what the heck Counsell was doing in Game 5 when he pulled Miley after only 5 pitches. Counsell’s plan might have been to do exactly that. If the gamble works, if Miley comes up huge on Friday, nobody will question Counsell because then he can pitch his top starter, Jhoulys Chacin, for as long as he needs to on Saturday in Game 7.
Although manager moves are always difficult to handicap, Counsell might have made a brilliant one with Miley. His pitchers throw much better at Miller Park than they do at Dodger Stadium while handing Game 5 to the Dodgers means Counsell mustn’t face Clayton Kershaw for the rest of the series.
Brewers should even the series on Friday with a huge win.
MLB NLCS Game 6 Pick: Milwaukee Brewers