When we reach this stage of the season, we have a bunch of teams who are not yet officially eliminated, but who are most certainly going to be that way sooner rather than later. It can be tough for players on those teams to stay motivated all the way to the end of the regular season, as it can be tough to get pumped up for an endless series of meaningless games. Where these teams might get inspired is when they go against potential playoff teams, as it’s fun to play the role of spoiler.
While it doesn’t get the same play, it can also be tough for teams who are playoff-bound to stay motivated and playing at a high level all the way to the end. We often see top teams take a little bit of a dip in form as we close in on the final few weeks of the year. That has not been the case with the LA Dodgers, though, as they are keeping their foot on the gas. The Dodgers blew away the Marlins in the opening game of this series and are favored by 1 ½ on Wednesday night. The run total for this game is set at 8.
Dodgers vs Marlins MLB Week 20 Odds & Expert Prediction
- When: Wednesday, August 14 at 7:10 PM EST
- Where: Marlins Park, Miami
- Starting Pitchers: Kershaw vs. Hernandez
- TV: MLB Extra Innings
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- MLB Week 20 Odds: LA Dodgers -320 (Total 8)
- Mostly Cloudy: 29°C/84°F
- Humidity: 75%
- Precipitation: 3%
- Cloud Cover: 79%
- Wind: 5 mph SSE
- Stadium Type: Retractable
Why bet on the LA Dodgers?
The Dodgers come into this game as one of only two teams to have won 80 games this season, with the other one being the New York Yankees. Overall, the Dodgers are now 80-41 on the season, which has given them a now unassailable 18 ½ game lead in the NL West. While the Dodgers could very easily take their foot off the gas a little as they come down the stretch, they are showing no signs of doing so.
With their 15-1 win over the Marlins on Tuesday night, the Dodgers are now on a 3-game winning streak and have won 8 of their last 10 games. The Dodgers have been close to unbeatable at home, but they have also been solid on the road, going 32-25. The Dodgers will have Clayton Kershaw (11-2, 2.77 ERA) on the mound for this one.
- Runs: 5.40
- Hits: 8.77
- Walks: 3.82
- Strike Outs: 8.15
- Runs: 3.80
- Hits: 7.58
- Walks: 2.31
- Strike Outs: 9.13
Why bet on the Miami Marlins?
The Marlins have not put up much of a fight this season, going 44-74 SU, but they have certainly not been much of a threat when facing the Dodger, going 0-4 in the regular-season series. They have been hammered over the course of the 4 games, getting outscored 36-8 over the course of those meetings.
The Marlins have now lost 2 in a row and are just 2-8 in their last 10 games. Playing at home has not been much of an advantage for the Marlins this season, as they are just 24-38 in their own ballpark. As a home dog, the Marlins are 30-29 ATS. They will have Elieser Hernandez (2-4, 4.94 ERA) on the mound for this one.
- Runs: 3.66
- Hits: 8.15
- Walks: 2.33
- Strike Outs: 8.97
- Runs: 4.68
- Hits: 8.05
- Walks: 3.71
- Strike Outs: 8.70
Dodgers vs Marlins MLB Week 20 Betting Trends
- Dodgers are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of LA Dodgers’ last 14 games against an opponent in the National League
- Marlins are 2-8 SU in their last 10 games this season
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Miami’s last 7 games at home
- Dodgers are 31-30 against the money line after 3 or more consecutive wins over the last 2 seasons
- Marlins are 38-39 against the money line in home games after a loss over the last 2 seasons
- Kershaw is 5-5 when starting against MIAMI with an ERA of 2.55 and a WHIP of 1.004
- Hernandez is 0-0 when starting against LA DODGERS with an ERA of 1.80 and a WHIP of 0.800
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Dodgers vs Marlins
The Dodgers have had zero trouble in their 4 games with the Marlins this season and I don’t see that changing on Wednesday night. I am taking the Dodgers to win and cover.
Score: LA Dodgers 7 – Miami Marlins 3