Two of the teams in the National League that are projected to be the worst will get together in Philadelphia on Wednesday night. The San Diego Padres were swept at the start of the MLB betting season by the Los Angeles Dodgers, and then backed it up with winning three out of four over the Colorado Rockies. The Padres beat Philadelphia in the opening game of this series. For the Philadelphia Phillies, they are 2-5 on the season. The Phillies are third in the National League East.MLB.tvStarting Pitchers: Rea vs. EickhoffMLB Odds: TBAWhy Bet the Padres?The San Diego Padres got off to a slow start, but have recently won three out of their last four games. The Padres scored 32 runs in the three game series in Colorado. San Diego’s offense has been anchored by former Most Valuable Player Matt Kemp, with 3 homeruns and 10 runs batted in. The pitcher on the mound on Wednesday for San Diego is going to be Colin Rea. Rea was not very good in his season opening start, lasting just 4.1 innings, retiring just 10 batters, and allowing 6 hits and 5 runs.Why Bet the Phillies?Philadelphia still has Ryan Howard playing first base. The veteran has hit two homeruns to start the season, but is batting .211. The Phillies as a team are batting .230, and 23rd in the league with just 18 runs scored. Philadelphia is excited about several of their regular seasons, like third basemen Maikel Franco and second basemen Cesar Hernandez. Jerad Eickhoff is on the mound for the Phillies. Eickhoff is 25 years old, and off to an 0-1 start. The right hander took a loss to the New York Mets, lasting 5 innings, allowing 5 hits and 2 runs.Expert Betting Pick & Final Score PredictionThese two teams neither one have the confidence that they will go out every single night and win baseball games. The San Diego Padres and Philadelphia Phillies are likely going to finish the season under .500. But, in this game, someone has to win. The Padres are sending Colin Rea, while the Phillies are sending Jerad Eickhoff. Look for both pitchers to have short outings, and the bullpen’s do the dirty work. In the end, the Philadelphia Phillies -110 are the bet, due to being at home. The final score prediction for this game is Philadelphia Phillies 6-5 over the San Diego Padres on Wednesday.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Mets vs. Red Sox MLB | Both Need Win Badly
- MLB Predictions: Could Blue Jays Have AL MVP & Cy Young?
- Mariners vs A’s MLB | Crucial In Wild-Card Race
- Updated MLB Playoff Picture: Who Wins NL West, NL East?
- Dodgers vs Reds | 2021 MLB Possible Preview National League
- Tigers vs Rays Series Opener| 2021 MLB Expert Analysis
- Cubs vs Phillies | 2021 MLB Expert Analysis
- MLB Angels vs White Sox Betting Analysis: The Pale Hose Heavy Favorites
- MLB 2021 Regular Season Betting Predictions: Last Weeks of Action
- MLB Rays vs Blue Jays Betting Analysis: Toronto Looking to Secure Wild-Card Spot
- Must Bet MLB Series On The Week: Red Sox vs. Mariners
- MLB Yankees vs Mets Betting Analysis: Subway Series On 9/11 Anniversary Weekend
- MLB Betting News & Rumors: NL Cy Young Winners Kershaw, DeGrom Close To Returns?
- MLB Phillies vs Brewers Betting Analysis: Last Meeting Of Season
- Blue Jays vs Yankees MLB | Cy Young Favorite Cole On Mound