Houston Visits Boston as ALDS Game 3 Odds Favorites
After getting all kinds of smacked around by Jose Altuve and the Houston Astros at the start of their ALDS matchup, and once again in Game 2 on Friday night, the Boston Red Sox will look to rebound in a big way and hold it down at home when they host the ALDS Game 3 Odds favorites Houston Astros on Sunday.
If you’re wondering whether Boston can make a series out it against the red-hot Astros and get the home win in Game 3, then consider your ticket punched. We’ve got the best and latest MLB Odds follow by an expert pick that is sure to please you. Now, let’s get to it!
Houston at Boston ALDS Game 3 Odds & MLB Betting Pick
— Houston Astros (@astros) 1 de octubre de 2017
- When: Sunday, October 8, 2:30 PM ET
- Where: Fenway Park
- TV: FS1
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- Radio: KBME 790, WEEI 93.7, ESPN Radio
- ALDS Game 3 Odds: Houston Astros -1.5
- Partly Cloudy: 23°C/73°F
- Humidity: 81%
- Precipitation: 5%
- Cloud Cover: 98%
- Wind: 20 mph NE
- Stadium Type: Open
Recent Head to Head Statistics (Last 10 Games)
- Runs: Houston Astros 5.60 / Boston Red Sox 4.40
- Hits: Houston Astros 10.20 / Boston Red Sox 8.50
- Walks: Houston Astros 4.40 / Boston Red Sox 2.80
- Strike Outs: Houston Astros 8.60 / Boston Red Sox 7.90
- Over/Under: Houston Astros 5-4-1 / Boston Red Sox 5-4-1
Houston Astros – Brad Peacock
Houston manager A.J. Hinch analyzed three hurlers to start in Game 3, Brad Peacock, Charlie Morton and Lance McCullers Jr., but he will go with Peacock.
“All three are available to pitch at any time if needed, but right now Peacock give us better chances”
Boston Red Sox – Doug Fister – R – (5-9, 4.88 ERA, 83 K)
Veteran right-hander Doug Fister will get the call in Game 3 for Boston. Fister has made eight career playoff starts, but this will be his first since 2014 with the Washington Nationals. The right-hander posted a career high in strikeout rate this season with 21.2 percent but also had a career-high 4.88 ERA.
Why the Houston’s ALDS Game 3 Odds Are the Way to Go?
Their dominant performance in the first two games is enough to secure you it doesn’t matter which starting pitcher Houston sends to the mound for Game 3, including the already selected Brad Peacock, they are a better team. “I think some of that, it’s a comfort level more than a readiness level,” Hinch said.
Carlos Correa, George Springer, and Jose Altuve are playing at a crazy level, and I think they are going to continue that path, which means bad news for their rival, no matter who that is.
The Astros finished the regular season ranked a stellar first scoring (5.53 RPG), an identical first in team batting average (282), on-base percentage (.823) and slugging percentage while finishing second only to the Yankees in home runs and striking out less than any team in baseball. Houston also ranked 11th in team ERA (4.12), eighth in WHIP (1.27) and a stellar second in strikeouts (1,593) and have the likely AL MVP on their roster in diminutive second baseman Jose Altuve (.346).
- All: 101-61
- Home: 48-33
- Away: 53-28
- As Favorite: 97-52
- As Underdog: 4-9
- ATS: 85-77
- Over/Under: 81-72-9
- Against Left-Hand Pitchers: 21-24
- Against Right-Hand Pitchers: 80-37
- RF Carlos Beltran (Rest)
- CF Cameron Maybin (Rest)
- RF Josh Reddick (Back)
Why the Boston’s ALDS Game 3 Odds Are the Way to Go?
Boston finished the regular season ranked a respectable 10th in scoring (4.85 RPG), 13th in team batting average (.258) but just 22nd in on-base percentage and 27th in home runs. Defensively, the Red Sox ranked fourth in team ERA (3.72), fifth in WHIP (1.25), third in strikeouts (1,580) and second in quality starts with 88.
For this Game 3 matchup, Boston will be at home, and despite Houston is superior in every way, as shown in the first two games, believe me, Fenway Park has the power to turn things around.
- All: 93-69
- Home: 48-33
- Away: 45-36
- As Favorite: 76-53
- As Underdog: 17-16
- ATS: 86-76
- Over/Under: 69-85-8
- Against Left-Hand Pitchers: 18-19
- Against Right-Hand Pitchers: 75-50
- 3B Eduardo Nunez (Knee)
- RF Mookie Betts (Wrist)
Latest ALDS Game 3 Odds Trends
- Astros are 13-6 ATS in their last 19 games
- Astros are 8-1 SU in their last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Houston’s last 10 games
- Red Sox are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games when playing at home against Houston
- Red Sox are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games when playing Houston
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Boston’s last 15 games when playing Houston
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Boston’s last 13 games when playing at home against Houston
- Houston is 7-15 SU in its last 22 games when playing on the road against Boston
Expert Pick and Score Prediction
Boston is just 1-5 in their last five games against teams from the AL West and 1-6 in their last seven games against a team with a winning record while Houston has gone 12-2 in their last 14 home games and 13-3 in their last 16 games after scoring 5 runs or more in their previous game.
Pick: Houston Astros 7 – Boston Red Sox 4