MLB AL Divisional Series Game 2 between the Cleveland Indians and Houston Astros takes place this Saturday on Oct. 6 after an easy 7-2 victory for the defending champs in Game 1. Can Cleveland beat Houston on the road? Or, will Houston get to Tribe starter Carlos Carrasco early? Check out an analysis and odds for Game 2 Indians at Astros!
Indians vs Astros ALDS Game 2 Odds & Prediction
- When: Saturday, Oct. 6 at 4:37 pm ET
- Where: Minute Maid Park, Houston, TX
- TV: TBS
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- Starting Pitchers: CLE – Carlos Carrasco / HOU – Gerrit Cole
Why Bet on the Cleveland Indians?
Cleveland starter Carlos Carrasco heads to his first start in the postseason off 2 solid performances in his last 3 starts. Carrasco pitched 6.2 innings against the Chicago White Sox on Sep. 19, yielded only 1 earned run off 4 hits and struck out 11.
Although Carrasco had a terrible outing in his next start versus the White Sox on Sep. 25, he bounced back with a terrific start against the Kansas City Royals to close out the regular season. Carrasco pitched 5 innings and gave up only a single run from 3 hits.
If Carrasco carries the momentum he had against KC into Game 2 versus the Astros, he could pitch a good enough game for the Tribe to take it.
- Runs/G: 5.05
- BA: .259
- OPS: .767
- HR: 216
- SB: 135
- ERA: 3.77
- WHIP: 1.20
- KS: 1,544
- Quality Starts: 98
- Errors: 83
Why Bet on the Houston Astros?
After Houston signed then Pirates’ pitcher Gerrit Cole to a contract this past offseason, more than a few MLB analysts wondered if the Astros had made a mistake. Those analysts don’t wonder if the Stros made a mistake anymore after Cole went 15-5 with a 2.88 ERA and a 1.03 WHIP.
Cole has only faced Cleveland batters 60 times. He’s pitched well, allowing a .217 batting average while striking out 17. If Cole gets into any trouble, the best bullpen in MLB has his back.
- Runs/G: 4.92
- BA: .255
- OPS: .754
- HR: 205
- SB: 71
- ERA: 3.11
- WHIP: 1.10
- KS: 1,687
- Quality Starts: 97
- Errors: 63
Latest Indians vs Astros ALDS Game 2 Betting Trends
- Cleveland is 69-50 against the money line against right-handed starters this season
- Houston is 39-35 against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record this season
- Houston is 4-3 against Cleveland this season
- 5 of 7 games in this series have gone Over the Total this season
- Cleveland is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Cleveland’s last 16 games when playing on the road against Houston
- Houston is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Houston’s last 5 games
Final Expert Prediction
Cole’s thrown well versus Cleveland. The same can’t be said about Carrasco throwing against the Houston Astros. Carrasco allows Houston to bat .283. The Stros have 39 hits from 138 at-bats. Carrasco’s yielded 5 home runs and 15 RBIs. Jose Altuve’s dominated Carrasco with a stunning 10 hits from 23 at-bats with only a single strikeout.
Even if Carrasco pitches a gem, Cleveland shouldn’t win on Saturday. Houston will make up any run deficits by punishing a Cleveland bullpen that has a 4.60 ERA and has allowed 78 home runs this season.
Houston should win by at least 2 runs on Saturday.
ALDS Game 2 Pick: Houston Astros