Washington at NY Mets MLB Lines Preview & Game InfoMLB.tv Radio: New York / Washington Opening MLB Lines: Nationals favored by TBA
- Mostly Cloudy: 28°C/82°F
- Humidity: 59%
- Precipitation: 15%
- Wind: 10 mph S
- Cloud Cover: 67%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why Bet On Washington?The Nationals and Mets have traded NL East division crowns the past three seasons with Washington earning the 2014 title, the Mets taking the 2015 honors, and the Nationals returning to the top in 2016. It seems like the Nats have one of the worst bullpens in the majors and they have made a minor change out there. The team optioned RHP Trevor Gott to Triple-A Syracuse. Gott was lit up for five earned runs over just 1 2/3 innings Wednesday in the Nationals’ loss to the Braves. Matt Grace, recalled from Triple-A, will take his spot in the bullpen. As a matter of factm, Grace holds a 4.05 ERA and 1.20 WHIP in seven appearances this season out of the Nationals’ bullpen. As the Nationals move into the second third of the 2017 season, they have completed the first 65 games of the year without their offense suffering a shutout. Washington is the only team in the National League yet to post a goose egg, joined by Minnesota and New York in the American League. Most noteworthy, the Nationals’ current 66-game streak of scoring at least one run is the longest such streak to start a season in franchise history (Nationals/Expos) and the longest since the 1995 Montreal Expos went 46 games before posting a zero. The last team in Major League history not to get shutout for an entire season was the 2000 Cincinnati Reds, who went 163 games (including one tie) without being shutout.
Who Will the Nationals Send Out to the Mound?For a start, Stephen Strasburg (7-2, 3.27) will kick off as the starting pitcher. He gave up six runs on seven hits and a walk while striking out 10 over five innings but came away with a no-decision in Monday’s 11-10 loss to the Braves. With regards to that, the right-hander gave up three homers on a warm night when the ball was flying out of Nationals Park, but Strasburg was actually in line for the win until yet another late-inning collapse by Washington’s bullpen. It was his third double-digit strikeout performance in his last five starts. Besides that, in 11 of his 13 starts this season, Strasburg has allowed three or fewer earned runs. He lost to the Mets on April 29 but had a quality start.
Why Bet On NY Mets?First of all, has any team had more major injuries this season than the Mets? Things just got worse. Both starting pitcher Matt Harvey and second baseman Neil Walker played in Wednesday’s comeback win over the Cubs but now neither will play again for several weeks. As a result, Harvey was diagnosed with a stress injury to the scapula in his throwing shoulder and Walker has a partially torn left hamstring. Due to that injury, Harvey received a platelet-rich plasma injection and will not begin a throwing program until he is pain-free. He allowed four runs over just four innings against the Cubs on Wednesday, including three home runs, and complained of a “tired arm” following the game. Walker pulled up lame running to first base. Terry Collins said T.J. Rivera will serve as the starting second baseman in Walker’s absence. In addition, ace Noah Syndergaard will rest four more weeks before beginning a throwing program. Syndergaard was prescribed a six-week shutdown period following the diagnosis of his partial lat tear, but it’s actually going to be more like eight weeks.
Who Will Be the Starting Pitcher on Saturday?To start with, Seth Lugo will be on the mound here. Lugo won after giving up one run on six hits and two walks with six strikeouts over seven innings Sunday against the Braves. Making his 2017 debut after missing two-plus months with an elbow injury, Lugo looked perfectly healthy as he shut down the Braves. Also, the 27-year-old followed up two strong rehab outings at Double-A (15 Ks and four runs across 13 innings) with this seven-inning gem, getting off to a strong start after recording a 2.67 ERA and a 1.09 WHIP across 64 innings as a rookie in 2016.
Latest MLB Betting Trends
- Washington has gone 2-5 ATS in the last 7 games
- NY Mets went 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games
- The Nationals are 2-5 SU in the last 7 games
- The Mets are 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
- The total went OVER in 4 of Washington’s last 5 games
- The total went UNDER in 6 of NY Mets’s last 9 games
Recent MLB Lines History
- Won – June 15th @ NY Mets / Score: 8-3/ MLB Betting Lines: -119, Total 9
- Loss – June 14th vs Atlanta / Score: 2-13 / MLB Betting Lines: -168, Total 9.5
- Won – June 13th vs Atlanta / Score: 10-5 / MLB Betting Lines: -178, Total 10
- Loss – June 12th vs Atlanta / Score: 10-11 / MLB Betting Lines: -237, Total 8.5
- Loss – June 11th vs Texas / Score: 1-5 / MLB Betting Lines: -252, Total 9
- Loss – June 15th vs Washington/ Score: 3-8 / MLB Betting Lines: +109, Total 9
- Won – June 14th vs Chicago Cubs / Score: 9-4 / MLB Betting Lines: +112, Total 9
- Loss – June 13th vs Chicago Cubs / Score: 3-14/ MLB Betting Lines: +120, Total 8.5
- Won – June 12th vs Chicago Cubs / Score: 6-1 / MLB Betting Lines: -31, Total 8.5
- Won – June 11th @ Atlanta / Score: 2-1/ MLB Betting Lines: +127, Total 8.5