The Washington Nationals and L.A. Dodgers send two of their top starters to the mound on Wednesday, Oct. 9. Game 5 of the 2019 National League Divisional Series will be the final time one of these teams plays this year. Will the Nats pull off the major upset over a World Series favorite? Or, will the Dodgers head to their third straight NLCS? See below for the MLB odds, a preview and a free pick for Nationals vs Dodgers Game 5!
Nationals vs Dodgers 2019 NLDS Game 5 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- When: Wednesday, Oct. 9 at 8:37pm ET
- Where: Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CA
- TV: TBS
- Radio: Nationals / Dodgers
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- Moneyline: Dodgers -165 / Nationals +140
- Over/Under Total: 7
- Sunny: 22°C/71°F
- Humidity: 66%
- Precipitation: 1%
- Wind: 6 mph SW
- Cloud Cover: 6%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why Washington Nationals are a good bet +140?
The Washington Nationals dominated the L.A. Dodgers 6-1 in Game 4 on Monday behind Max Scherzer’s awesomeness. On Wednesday night, the Nats hope their other great pitcher, Stephen Strasburg provides more awesomeness. Strasburg beat LAD in Game 2 with a 6 inning, 3 hit, 1 earned run, 10 strikeout performance. If Strasburg does that again, and the Nats can grab the lead before the end of the 6th, Washington could be on its way to the National League Championship Series.
- Runs/G: 5.39
- BA: .265
- OPS: .796
- HR: 231
- SB: 116
- ERA: 4.27
- WHIP: 1.29
- KS: 1511
- Quality Starts: 87
- Errors: 87
Why L.A. Dodgers are a good bet -165?
Strasburg was great, but the L.A. Dodgers send their best postseason pitcher to the mound on Wednesday. Walker Buehler allowed only a single hit in his stunning performance in Game 1 on Oct. 3. Buehler walked 3 and struck out 8 in 6 innings. Washington bats .262 against Buehler. They won’t come close to that on Wednesday night if Walker heads to the mound with the same control and velocity he had in Game 1. If Buehler is at his best, the Dodgers should be in a good position to win Game 5.
- Runs/G: 5.47
- BA: .257
- OPS: .809
- HR: 278
- SB: 57
- ERA: 3.39
- WHIP: 1.10
- KS: 1519
- Quality Starts: 80
- Errors: 106
>MLB Betting Trends for Nationals vs Dodgers
- Nationals are 10-2 in the last 12 versus a team with a winning record
- Nationals are 8-2 in the last 10 games following a win
- The total went UNDER in 4 of Washington’s last 5 games
- Dodgers are 7-1 in Buehler’s last 8 starts
- Dodgers are 39-19 in the last 58 overall
- The total went UNDER in 4 of the LA Dodgers’ last 6 games
Nationals vs Dodgers NLDS Game 5 MLB Betting Analysis
This figures to be a pitchers duel until the 6th inning. At that point, it will come down to managerial decisions. Although the Dodgers are favored, it’s hard to believe Dave Roberts makes better decisions than Dave Martinez.
The Washington Nationals’ manager pulled the right levers in the Game 2 win. One thing to note is how Martinez utilized Max Scherzer for an inning. He might not have that luxury on Wednesday because Scherzer threw for 7 innings in Game 4. If he doesn’t pull the trigger on Scherzer for an inning, he’ll go with Patrick Corbin.
Can Corbin get it done? The guess here is, yes, he can. Not only that, but Strasburg has the ability to throw a complete game if he must. Expect Martinez to make the right call while Roberts pulls Buehler much too early.
The Nats have shown an ability to get to the Dodgers bullpen. Martinez will stick with Stras. Roberts will pull Buehler after the 6th or 7th. That will be what leads to a Washington victory.
MLB Free Pick: Washington Nationals +140
More MLB Playoffs Betting News
- White Sox vs Astros | MLB Betting Analysis
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) MLB Update: 22 Teams Reached 85% Vaccination Threshold
- Red Sox vs Braves | MLB Betting Lines
- Yankees vs Blue Jays | MLB Betting Lines
- Cubs vs Mets | Betting Odds for MLB
- Padres vs Mets | MLB Betting Analysis
- Giants vs Nationals | MLB Betting Analysis
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) MLB Update: Vaccinate at the Plate Event Announced
- Royals vs Angels | MLB Betting Odds
- Mets vs. Orioles | MLB Betting Analysis
- MLB Betting News & Rumors: Evan Longoria Likely Out for 4-6 Weeks, Kyle Lewis Still Recovering
- Indians vs Cardinals | Betting Odds for MLB
- Cubs vs Padres | MLB Betting Analysis
- Red Sox vs Yankees | Betting Odds for MLB