The San Diego Padres battle the San Francisco Giants in a game between two NL West Division foes on Tuesday, April 8. San Diego’s the road favorite. Does that mean San Francisco’s an attractive play? Check out our MLB betting lines, analysis, and a free pick!
Padres vs Giants MLB Week 2 Lines, Game Preview, and Analysis
- When: Tuesday, April 9 at 9:45pm ET
- Where: Oracle Park, San Francisco, CA
- TV: MLBN
- Radio: Padres / Giants
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- Moneyline Odds: Padres -118
- Over/Under Total Odds: 7.5
Why San Diego Padres are a good bet at -118?
The Padres have a winning record at 7-4, which is something we couldn’t have dreamed of saying about San Diego at any point last season. Part of the reason for San Diego’s winning record is how their starting rotation has performed.
Tuesday pitcher Joey Lucchesi has been exceptional. He’s 2-0 with a 0.00 ERA and a .97 WHIP. He hasn’t allowed a hit in 10 innings pitched while also striking out 13. If he just does his job on Tuesday night, San Diego should win another game.
- Runs/G: 3.50
- BA: .237
- OPS: .723
- HR: 12
- SB: 6
- ERA: 3.24
- WHIP: 1.22
- KS: 86
- Quality Starts: 1
- Errors: 4
Why San Francisco Giants are a good bet at +108?
San Francisco starter Derek Holland is 0-2,but it’s not because he’s pitched all that badly. His ERA is 5.00 while his WHIP is 1.44, but in both losses, his teammates didn’t score enough runs to help him out.
Holland should have a decent performance on Tuesday night. If he can maintain his control through at least 5 innings, it will be up to the Giants batting lineup to get it done. It’s only a matter of time before San Francisco starts winning games. They might start a streak on April 9.
- Runs/G: 2.50
- BA: .208
- OPS: .581
- HR: 6
- SB: 3
- ERA: 3.07
- WHIP: 1.26
- KS: 77
- Quality Starts: 2
- Errors: 7
MLB Betting Trends for Padres vs Giants
- Padres are 4-1 in their last 5 road games
- Padres are 7-0 in their last 7 games versus a left-handed starter
- Padres are 8-2 in their last 10 after allowing 5 runs or more in their previous game
- Giants are 2-10 in their last 12 versus the NL West
- Giants are 0-7 in their last 7 after scoring 5 runs or more in their previous game
- Giants are 7-1 in Holland’s last 8 starts after their opponent scores 5 runs or more in their previous game
Padres vs Giants Final MLB Betting Analysis
The San Diego Padres have played like one of the better teams in the NL West Division. They might not beat the Dodgers for the division crown, but they could most definitely pick up a wildcard this season.
One of the reasons for the resurgence has to do with a decent bullpen that’s 3-0 with 52 strikeouts and a 3.86 batting average allowed. It helps in Tuesday’s game that SD beat Holland and the Giants 4-1 only a week ago. San Diego takes this.
MLB Free Pick: Padres -118