We are in the final month of the season, and while there are still some details to be decided, a number of teams have essentially booked their tickets to the postseason for the thrill of MLB betting fans. It’s all now just a matter of staying healthy and getting hot. The Pittsburgh Pirates are both of those things right now, and they will be looking to maintain that when they head to Milwaukee to face the Brewers on Wednesday night.
Closer Look at the Pittsburgh at Milwaukee MLB Betting Preview & PickDate/Time: Wednesday, September 2, 8:10 PM, ETVenue: Miller Park, Milwaukee, WisconsinTV: ROOT SPORTSRadio: KDKA-FM 93.7Opening Lines: Pirates -140, Brewers +130Jeff Locke (7-8, 4.46 ERA) is coming into this one off a very good last outing, where he picked up the win.It may sound ridiculous to say given the season record of the Milwaukee Brewers (55-75), but things mightn’t be so bad if these guys could just get on the same page. Every time the offense goes on a tear, the pitching falls apart, and vice versa. Yes, this season is now a total wash, but the Brewers have the makings of a very good young team moving forward. If they can pick up a couple of good free agent signings in the offseason, they may not have a bad ball club next season.The Brewers are coming into this series on a bit of a high, as they managed to win a series versus the Cincinnati Reds prior to this. It’s a small consolation, but series wins have been very hard to come by for this team. Taylor Jungmann (8-5, 2.48 ERA) is coming off a great start, where he threw 6 scoreless innings against the Reds.
Key Betting Trends
- Pittsburgh is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing Milwaukee
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Pittsburgh’s last 6 games when playing Milwaukee
- Pittsburgh is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Milwaukee
- Milwaukee is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Pittsburgh
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Milwaukee’s last 6 games when playing Pittsburgh
- Milwaukee is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Pittsburgh