Closer Look at the Pittsburgh at Milwaukee MLB Betting Preview & PickDate/Time: Wednesday, September 2, 8:10 PM, ET Venue: Miller Park, Milwaukee, Wisconsin TV: ROOT SPORTS Radio: KDKA-FM 93.7 Opening Lines: Pirates -140, Brewers +130 Jeff Locke (7-8, 4.46 ERA) is coming into this one off a very good last outing, where he picked up the win. It may sound ridiculous to say given the season record of the Milwaukee Brewers (55-75), but things mightn’t be so bad if these guys could just get on the same page. Every time the offense goes on a tear, the pitching falls apart, and vice versa. Yes, this season is now a total wash, but the Brewers have the makings of a very good young team moving forward. If they can pick up a couple of good free agent signings in the offseason, they may not have a bad ball club next season. The Brewers are coming into this series on a bit of a high, as they managed to win a series versus the Cincinnati Reds prior to this. It’s a small consolation, but series wins have been very hard to come by for this team. Taylor Jungmann (8-5, 2.48 ERA) is coming off a great start, where he threw 6 scoreless innings against the Reds.
Key Betting Trends
- Pittsburgh is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing Milwaukee
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Pittsburgh’s last 6 games when playing Milwaukee
- Pittsburgh is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Milwaukee
- Milwaukee is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Pittsburgh
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Milwaukee’s last 6 games when playing Pittsburgh
- Milwaukee is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Pittsburgh