The San Francisco Giants battle the rival Los Angeles Dodgers at Chavez-Ravine on Wednesday. The Giants decided to attack the Dodgers again with left-handers on Wednesday. Will that prove a wise choice? Check out MLB betting odds along with analysis and a free pick!
SF Giants vs LA Dodgers MLB Odds, Game Preview & Prediction
- When: Wednesday, April 3 at 10:10pm ET
- Where: Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CA
- TV: MLBN
- Radio: San Francisco / Dodgers
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- Moneyline Odds: Dodgers -200
- Over/Under Total Odds: 7 ½
Why San Francisco Giants are a good bet to win at +170?
San Francisco Giants’ starter Derek Holland is yet another left-hander that SF will use to try and grab a win against the Dodgers. Holland has faced Dodger batters 73 times. He’s thrown well when allowing a Dodgers’ team batting average of .164.
He must pick it up on Wednesday night after the Padres belted him in his first start. But, Holland should do it. If he can last, the Giants will use a solid bullpen to close it out.
- Runs/G: 1.80
- BA: .194
- OPS: .561
- HR: 2
- SB: 1
- ERA: 2.36
- WHIP: 1.17
- KS: 39
- Quality Starts: 1
- Errors: 4
Why L.A. Dodgers are a good bet to win at -200?
Dodgers starter Ross Stripling was fantastic in his first trip to the mound this season. Although the Dodgers lost 4-5, Stripling lasted 5.1 innings and gave up 0 earned runs off 3 hits.
He’s in excellent form right now. The Dodgers beat San Francisco 6-5. If Stripling pitches the way he’s capable of, the Dodgers should have a nice lead once he leaves the mound around the sixth or seventh inning.
- Runs/G: 8.80
- BA: .308
- OPS: 1.017
- HR: 16
- SB: 1
- ERA: 4.78
- WHIP: 1.18
- KS: 47
- Quality Starts: 2
- Errors: 1
MLB Betting Trends for SF Giants vs LA Dodgers
- Giants are 1-5 in Holland’s last 6 starts
- Giants are 7-0 in Holland’s last 7 starts after their opponent scored 5 or more runs in their previous game
- Giants are 5-1 in Holland’s last 6 starts after scoring 5 runs or more in their previous game
- Dodgers are 1-7 in their last 8 games versus a left-handed starter
- Dodgers are 0-4 in Stripling’s last 4 starts
- Dodgers are 4-0 in their last 4 games with umpire Bellino behind home plate
SF Giants vs LA Dodgers Final MLB Betting Analysis
Dodgers have the edge because they’re playing at home, but the one trend that stands out is how L.A. is so awful versus left-handers. Going 1-7 against left-handers is a terrible trend for L.A. and a great trend for the Giants.
In Tuesday night’s matchup, the Dodgers got to Madison Bumgarner early, laying 5 runs onto SF’s ace in the third inning. Los Angeles had limited success against San Francisco’s bullpen while the Giants made a big comeback.