One of the more intriguing elements of the game of baseball and MLB betting is the chess game that takes place between hitters and pitchers, even in the middle of an at-bat. Both pitcher and hitter know what they can do well, and thanks to detailed scouting reports, they also know what their adversaries do well. If a pitcher’s best pitch is the heater (yes, Nolan Ryan) he might want to use it a lot. However, major league hitters will be able to prepare for that pitch and, even when it is in the high 90s, they will be able to drive it if they believe it’s coming and guess correctly. This is why even the best fastballer needs to have a curve he can drop in for a strike or a change-up that he can use to freeze the batter in his tracks. Over time, one would expect the pitcher to be able to develop a mixture of fastballs and off-speed pitches that an opposing hitter would not be able to fathom. In terms of game theory, this is what is known as the Nash equilibrium, where the pitcher has the ideal strategy.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- 2019 MLB Season Odds – MVP & Cy Young Predictions
- 2019 MLB Season Odds – Strikeouts & ERA Predictions
- Top MLB Betting Picks of the Week – March 25th
- Updated 2019 World Series Odds – March 18th Edition
- Athletics vs Mariners MLB Odds & Japan Opening Series Prediction
- 2019 MLB Opening Day Underdog Betting Picks
- Updated 2019 World Series Odds – March 1st Edition
- Best Future Betting Picks for the 2019 MLB Regular Season
- 2019 MLB Regular Season Win Totals Predictions
- Updated 2019 World Series Odds – February 15th
Betting News, Articles, Sportsbook & Casino Posts and videos from MyBookie on Betting, including information on odds, lines, tips and picks are exclusively views of our profesinal paid writers, and not those of MyBookie and the Managment.