The current playoff setup is one that not all MLB betting fans enjoy, but it has made many of the races go down to the wire in the final week. A perfect example of this can be found by looking at the New York Mets. They have the division clinched, but still need a win or two to ensure that they will get the second seed in the NL, which means home field advantage. They will try to get those wins when they welcome in the Washington Nationals on Friday.
Washington Nationals vs New York Mets MLB Opening LinesDate/Time: Friday, October 02, 2015 7:10 PM ETVenue: Citi FieldOpening Line: Washington +130, New York -134 Noah Syndergaard (9-7, 3.34 ERA) will get the start for the Mets.As far as mood goes, things in Washington (80-78) are about as far removed from what they are in New York as it gets. The Nationals are a team in turmoil right now, with bench fights and a seeming lack of interest in winning the order of the day. You know your team is in trouble when you can only manage to go 2-7 against Baltimore, Philly, and Atlanta in the last 3 series. This is a team that could very well be blown up and rebuilt in the offseason.The one thing we do know is that any rebuilding will take place around Bryce Harper, as he is living up to the hype in the biggest way possible. He looks to be an absolute shoe in for the NL MVP right now. Gio Gonzalez (11-8, 3.93 ERA) will start for Washington.
Key Betting Trends
- Washington is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing NY Mets
- Washington is 17-5 SU in its last 22 games when playing on the road against NY Mets
- Washington is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against NY Mets
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Washington’s last 6 games when playing on the road against NY Mets
- NY Mets is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Washington
- NY Mets is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Washington
- NY Mets is 5-17 SU in its last 22 games when playing at home against Washington
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Mets’s last 6 games when playing at home against Washington