Baseball bettors everywhere should expect nothing less than a ‘Thrilla in Manila’ kind of showdown when the MLB Odds favorite New York Yankees host the Houston Astros in the finale of their three-game set on Wednesday.
Not only will both World Series title hopefuls be going all-out to get the win after splitting the first two games in this series, but tonight’s matchup features a pair of staff ace hurlers that are as good as any starting pitchers in the game today.
Houston spanked New York 5-1 in the series opener on Monday, but the Yanks got some revenge on Tuesday by recording a thrilling 6-5 walk-off win. Now, let’s find out which team is offering the best value at the latest MLB Lines.
Houston (35-20) at New York (33-17) Game Preview & MLB Odds
- When: Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 6:35 PM ET
- Where: Yankee Stadium
- TV: ESPN, ATSW, YES
- Radio: Houston 850 AM / New York 101.9 FM
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- MLB Odds: New York Yankees -200 / Houston Astros +170 (Over/Under at 8)
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Runs: Houston Astros 3.20 / New York Yankees 3.40
- Hits: Houston Astros 6.70 / New York Yankees 7.60
- Walks: Houston Astros 2.40 / New York Yankees 2.20
- Strike Outs: Houston Astros 8.40 / New York Yankees 10.80
- Houston Astros: Dallas Keuchel -L – (3-6, 3.39)
- New York Yankees: Luis Severino -R – (7-1, 2.28)
Why Consider the MLB Odds for the Astros?
Why bet on Houston in this contest? Because the Astros have the better pitching staff and bullpen. Houston’s relief pitchers have a combined 3.02 ERA as compared to New York’s 3.38 bullpen ERA. Houston has also been phenomenal on the road this season (19-10) and left-hander Dallas Keuchel has been throwing the ball well lately in limiting the opposition to two earned runs on less in three of his last four starts.
Last but not least, the Astros will have plenty of motivation to get the win after dropping four of their last five meetings against the Yankees.
- Runs: 5.00
- Hits: 8.80
- Walks: 3.41
- Strike Outs: 8.38
- Runs: 2.77
- Hits: 6.64
- Walks: 2.43
- Strike Outs: 10.38
Why Consider the MLB Odds for the Yankees?
Why bet on New York in this series finale? Well, because they’re playing at home. The Yankees also have the better starting pitcher on the mound and the higher scoring offense, not to mention they’ve taken four of five against the defending World Series champs.
New York has alternated wins and losses over their last five games but has won eight straight games with Luis Severino as their starting pitcher. And, speaking of Severino, the right-hander has limited the opposition to an identical one earned run in two of his last three starts while allowing two runs or less in six of his last eight starts and not giving up more than three earned runs in each of his last eight starts.
- Runs: 5.71
- Hits: 8.80
- Walks: 4.10
- Strike Outs: 9.10
- Runs: 4.33
- Hits: 7.67
- Walks: 3.47
- Strike Outs: 10.10
Latest MLB Betting Trends
- Astros are 14-6 ATS in their last 20 games
- Astros are 14-6 SU in their last 20 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Houston’s last 6 games
- Yankees are 3-6 ATS in their last 9 games at home
- Yankees are 16-4 SU in their last 20 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 6 games at home
Expert Pick & Score Prediction
I’m going to urge you to back the Yankees to get the win in the series finale because Luis Severino has been the better starting pitcher this season and the Yankees keep coming through when their staff ace takes the mound.
Houston is just 1-4 in Dallas Keuchel’s last five Wednesday starts while New York has gone a perfect 9-0 in Luis Severino’s last nine Wednesday starts and a robust 25-5 in his last 30 starts overall. The Yankees have dropped four of their last seven games coming into this matchup so they’ll be highly motivated to get the win behind their staff ace.
Score: Houston Astros 3 – New York Yankees 4