Will Giannis Antetokounmpo and the blossoming Milwaukee Bucks live up to their status as the top-seeded team in the Eastern Conference? Could the Bucks fall prey to either, the Toronto Raptors, Philadelphia 76ers or Boston Celtics in what looks like a four-team race for first place in the east or could one of the conference longshots upset the entire apple cart?
NBA 2019 Eastern Conference Playoff Matchups Odds & Betting Predictions
— NBA (@NBA) April 11, 2019
The NBA regular season is over now is all about the conference's playoffs .— Emerson cruz (@emeogbonna121) April 12, 2019
First the eastern conference playoffs fixtures
Magic vs Raptors
Philadelphia 76ers vs Brooklyn nets
Celtics vs Indiana Pacers
Milwaukee Bucks vs Detroit Pistons.
Next is western conference
With the start of the 2019 NBA playoffs at hand, let’s find out who’s squaring off in the first round in the Eastern Conference – and which teams are most likely to advance.
No. 1 Milwaukee (60-22) vs. No. 8 Detroit (41-41)
Not only did Milwaukee (47-31-4 ATS) finish with the best record in all of basketball this season, but the Bucks also compiled one of the best ATS marks in the league this season. While Detroit (41-41 ATS) clinched a playoff berth this season, the Pistons also dropped all four regular season meetings against Milwaukee while allowing at least 115 points in three of those defeats and never scoring more than 105 points in all four losses. While Detroit struggled in going just 15-26 on the road, Milwaukee finished with the best home record in the NBA this season (33-8).
- Bucks are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 Conference Quarterfinals games.
- Bucks are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games playing on 3 or more days rest.
- Bucks are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 home games.
- Favorite is 4-0-2 ATS in the last 6 meetings.
- Home team is 3-1-2 ATS in the last 6 meetings.
- Under is 5-2-1 in the last 8 meetings.
- Pistons are 0-3-1 ATS in the last 4 meetings.
No. 2 Toronto (58-24) vs. No. 7 Orlando (42-40)
Toronto might be the second seed in the East, but they’re taking on a red-hot Orlando team that hits the postseason on fire. While these two rivals split their four regular season matchups with the road team winning once apiece, the Raptors finished with the second most victories in the league this season and they have legitimate hopes of reaching the NBA Finals.
Orlando (45-36-1 ATS) averages a modest 107.3 points per game (24th) while limiting the opposition to just 106.6 points per game defensively to rank an encouraging sixth in points allowed. Toronto (38-44 ATS) averages a healthy 114.4 points per game to rank eighth in scoring while limiting the opposition to 108.4 points per game defensively to rank ninth in points allowed.
- Magic are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
- Magic are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Magic are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Magic are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games following a straight up win.
- Raptors are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games overall.
- Raptors are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games following a straight up win.
No. 3 Philadelphia (51-31) vs. No. 6 Brooklyn (42-40)
The 76ers (38-44 ATS) and Nets (45-37 ATS) split their four regular season meetings with each team winning once on the road and each victorious team scoring at least 121 points, so you should expect to see some high-scoring contests that play Over the total in this matchup. While Brooklyn hits the postseason riding the wave of a three-game winning streak, the Nets also allow a percentage point more per game defensively (112.3 ppg, 18th) than they average offensively (112.2 ppg, 15th).
Philly split their final eight regular season contests, including a 123-110 home win over Brooklyn, but the Sixers won just twice over their final six games with both victories coming against the lowly Bulls. Philadelphia averages a stellar 115.2 points per game to rank fourth in scoring while allowing 112.5 points per game to rank an uninspiring 19th in points allowed.
Philadelphia should be thankful they have home-court advantage in this series because the home team has gone 4-1 ATS in the last five meetings and the Sixers were one of just eight teams to win at least 30 games on their home floor this season.
- Nets are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 road games.
- Nets are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games overall.
- 76ers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 Conference Quarterfinals games.
- 76ers are 31-14 ATS in their last 45 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- 76ers are 6-15 ATS in their last 21 vs. NBA Atlantic.
- 76ers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight up win.
No. 4 Boston (49-33) vs. No. 5 Indiana (48-34)
The Celtics (39-42 ATS) managed to sneak past Indiana (41-41 ATS) over the final two weeks to steal the fourth seed from the Pacers and ensure they get home-court advantage for the first round at the very least. With that said, Boston also beat Indiana twice over their final 10 games to deliver a message to their conference counterparts that they are finally ready to get serious after underachieving virtually all season long.
Boston closed out the regular season by winning six of their last eight contests while Indiana went a more modest 3-5 over the same span to lose their grip on the fourth seed. The Celtics average 112.4 points per game () while limiting the opposition to just 108.0 points per contest to rank an encouraging eighth in points allowed. The Pacers put up 108.0 points per game (22nd) but had the league’s best defense by limiting their opponents to just 104.7 points per contest defensively.
- Pacers are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 Conference Quarterfinals games.
- Pacers are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 vs. NBA Atlantic
- Celtics are 9-2 ATS in their last 11 Conference Quarterfinals games.
- Celtics are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Celtics are 0-8 ATS in their last 8 home games.
- Pacers are 5-2 ATS in the last 7 meetings.
- Over is 7-3 in the last 10 meetings.
- Underdog is 5-2 ATS in the last 7 meetings.