In a couple of days, the newest Power Rankings will be released by the NBA, but before that happens, we thought it might be a good idea to look at where things stand right now. There were a lot of moves made at the trade deadline which could well have an impact on the rankings and how things play out the rest of the way this season. The Week 14 Rankings will give us a nice little snapshot of how things looked before those moves were made, so let’s take a look at the top and bottom 5. With that said, let’s jump right into action so you can continue betting against their NBA odds.
Updated Midweek NBA Power Rankings for Week 14
- Brooklyn Nets – Slowly but surely, the Nets have been making their way up the rankings over the past few weeks. It took some time, but they are now in the #1 spot and considered by many, including the bookies, to be the team to beat.
- Milwaukee Bucks – This is a position that might prove to be short-lived, as the Bucks are once again slipping into another slump. They have been streaky all season long and have now lost 2 in a row after making this run to the #2 spot.
- Philadelphia 76ers – Despite the fact that the 76ers have been atop the Eastern Conference for weeks, they are still not getting a ton of love from fans or the bookies. They are well deserving of this lofty ranking, though.
- Phoenix Suns – The Suns started slow, but they have been on the move for weeks now and look like a legitimate threat in the Western Conference. They have won 7 of their last 10 and closed out the week with back-to-back wins.
- Utah Jazz – I think it’s fair to suggest that a lot of people began to doubt the Jazz after they hit a bit of a wobbly patch before and shortly after the All-Star Break. The fact that they have now won 5 in a row suggests that their poor run may have been nothing more than a minor blip.
- Detroit Pistons – The Pistons showed some signs of life with back-to-back wins over the Raptors and Rockets, but they have now slipped back to normal, heading into the new week on the heels of 3 straight losses.
- Toronto Raptors – It has been a tough season for the Raptors after dealing with injury issues, but it now looks as though they are close to full strength. Still, they have just 1 win in their last 10 games, so a long way to go still.
- Orlando Magic – There are only 3 teams in the NBA who have fewer wins than Orlando, and you have to say that the Magic are doing little to change that. They are on a run that has seen them go just 2-8 in their last 10.
- Minnesota Timberwolves – While they still have the least number of wins in the NBA at 11, the Timberwolves have been on a run that is quite good for them. Yes, they are still losing, but 4 wins in their last 10 is better than we have come to expect from them.
- Houston Rockets – With the Rockets trading away Victor Oladipo at the trade deadline, it is clear that they are now in full rebuild mode. This position might be one that the need to get used to for the foreseeable future.
NBA Betting News
- NBA News & Rumors: Tony Ronzone Fired, Terry Stotts On The Hot Seat & LaMelo Ball Soon to Be Back
- Los Angeles Clippers vs. Portland Trail Blazers | 2021 NBA Expert Analysis
- Brooklyn Nets vs New Orleans Pelicans | 2021 NBA Expert Analysis
- NBA 2021 Power Rankings for Week 18 Expert Analysis
- Utah Jazz vs Los Angeles Lakers | 2021 NBA Expert Analysis