A little while ago, we wrote about potential tips and betting strategies that you might employ to make money in the NBA playoffs. One of those tips was that you should play a team that lost as a betting favorite in their previous game, especially if that loss came on home court. That little nugget has played out quite nicely in this postseason, including in this series, with the Philadelphia 76ers bouncing back in a big way after losing Game 1 on home court to the Brooklyn Nets.
The series will now move to New York, where the 76ers will come out looking to build on their big win in the last game, while the Nets will be trying to hold on to the home court advantage that they stole in Philadelphia. The regular season series between these two was split down the middle, so we might be in for an entertaining run of games, as well as some more momentum shifts before this one is decided. It is the 76ers who are in as a 3.5-point road favorite for this one, with the point total set at 228.
76ers vs Nets 2019 NBA Playoffs Odds & Game 3 Analysis
- When: Thursday, April 18 at 8 PM EST
- Where: Barclays Center, NYC
- TV: TNT
- Radio: TuneIn/NBA
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- 2019 NBA Playoffs Odds: Philadelphia 76ers -165 (Total 228.5)
Why bet on the Philadelphia 76ers?If we are being totally honest, the Philadelphia 76ers somewhat backed into the postseason. Sure, they had long since punched their playoff ticket, but losing 4 of their last 6 games in the regular season is not the manner in which you want to head into the playoffs. I think that the 111-102 loss to the Nets in Game 1, a game that Philly started as a 7 ½ point favorite, served as a bit of a wake-up call, as they were certainly a good deal more dominant in their 145-123 win in Game 2.
The problem now for Philadelphia is finding a way to win more consistently on the road, as their 20-21 SU road record really isn’t good enough, especially if they get to the later rounds against much better teams than the Nets. The 76ers are 7-12 ATS as a road favorite.
- Total Score: 115.38
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.14
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.71
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.03
- Total Rebounds: 47.80
- Total Score: 112.60
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.54
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.38
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.01
- Total Rebounds: 43.39
Why bet on the Brooklyn Nets?The Nets got exactly what they wanted by going into Philadelphia, winning a game, and securing home court advantage. The hard part now is making sure that they don’t squander that advantage. They played the 76ers at the Barclays Center twice in the regular season, splitting those games, so nothing is guaranteed by playing in their own building.
Overall this season, the Nets were a respectable 23-18 at home, but they stumbled a bit when in as the home underdog, going 6-13 SU in those games. They have covered the spread in 4 of their last 5 games, but they are just 9-10 ATS as the home underdog. The O/U for these teams is a bit of a wash, with Philly going 20-21 away from home and the Nets going 20-21 O/U on home court.
- Total Score: 112.36
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.87
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.44
- Free Throw Percentage: 74.71
- Total Rebounds: 46.39
- Total Score: 112.58
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.72
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.95
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.93
- Total Rebounds: 46.27
76ers vs Nets 2019 NBA Playoffs Betting Trends
- Philadelphia is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- Philadelphia is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Philadelphia’s last 9 games on the road
- Brooklyn is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Philadelphia
- Brooklyn is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Brooklyn’s last 7 games at home
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for 76ers vs NetsThe Philadelphia 76er’s road record has me a little nervous, but as I said earlier, I think that losing Game 1 might actually have been a good thing for them. I think they head into Brooklyn and come away with the win, covering in the process.
Score: Philadelphia 76ers 120 – Brooklyn Nets 114