While the regular season in every sport gives us a very clear idea of who the best teams in the league are, it does not tell us who will ultimately become the champion of that sport. There are some teams who always seem to do well during the regular season but who just don’t seem to have what it takes to handle the pressure of postseason ball. It is certainly going to be interesting to see how the top teams in the NBA respond once we get to the playoff, but there is still a lot of basketball to play between then and now, which means that the current standings could potentially look very different once we do get to the end of the regular season.
As it stands right now, the Milwaukee Bucks appear to be the team that has set the bar that everyone else needs to reach. They have been on fire all season long and are pulling away at the top of the Eastern Conference. They will try to keep the pack at bay and will host the Philadelphia 76ers on Thursday night. The Bucks has the NBA betting odds to their favor by 9½ on home court, with the point total set at 227 ½.
76ers vs Bucks 2020 NBA Spread, Game Info & Expert Preview
- When: Thursday, February 6, 2020 at 8:00 PM ET
- Where: Fiserv Forum, Milwaukee, WI
- TV: NBA League Pass
- Radio: 76ers / Bucks
- NBA Odds: Bucks -9½
- Total: 227½
Why Bet on the Philadelphia 76ers?
After years spent wallowing near the bottom of the Eastern Conference, the Philadelphia 76ers finally broke through a couple of seasons ago. The progress they made appears to have stalled a little, though, as they are playing well below expectations this season. The 76ers come into this one with a 31-20 record on the season, which has them down in the #6 seed in the East. They are not doing very much to help their own cause at the moment, losing 3 in a row and going 6-4 through their last 10 games. They are just 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games overall, but have been even worse away from home, covering just once in their last 10 road games. Overall, they are a miserable 9-18 SU in road games this season.
Philadelphia 76ers 2020 NBA Betting Trends and Stats Betting Trends
- Philadelphia are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games.
- Philadelphia are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games.
- Philadelphia are 6-14 SU in their last 20 games against Milwaukee.
- Philadelphia are 1-9 ATS in their last 10 games on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Philadelphia’s last 7 games when playing on the road against Milwaukee.
- Philadelphia are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games this season.
- Philadelphia are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Eastern conference.
- Philadelphia are 10-2 SU in their last 12 games against an opponent in the Central division.
- Total Score: 108.37
- Field Goal %: 46.53
- Three Point %: 34.89
- Free Throw %: 74.65
- Total Rebounds: 45.75
- Total Score: 106.06
- Field Goal %: 45.66
- Three Point %: 35.35
- Free Throw %: 73.67
- Total Rebounds: 41.51
Why Bet on the Milwaukee Bucks?
There really isn’t much you can say about the Milwaukee Bucks that hasn’t already been said by countless other people this season. They are the best team in the NBA right now, but everyone is waiting to see if they will be able to dominate the East in the postseason just as effectively as they are doing right now in the regular season. The Bucks are an impressive 43-7 at the moment, a record that has them 6 ½ games clear of the Toronto Raptors at the top of the Eastern Conference. They have won 9 of their last 10 games and have a 26-3 SU record versus teams from the East. The Bucks will be looking for revenge for the 121-109 loss they were dealt by the 76ers earlier this season
Milwaukee Bucks 2020 NBA Betting Trends and Stats Betting Trends
- Milwaukee are 11-1 SU in their last 12 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Milwaukee’s last 6 games against Philadelphia.
- Milwaukee are 10-1 SU in their last 11 games at home.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Milwaukee’s last 7 games when playing at home against Philadelphia.
- Milwaukee are 9-1 SU in their last 10 games this season.
- Milwaukee are 12-5 ATS in their last 17 games against an opponent in the Eastern conference.
- Milwaukee are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Atlantic division.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Milwaukee’s last 9 games played in February.
- Total Score: 120.04
- Field Goal %: 48.31
- Three Point %: 36.04
- Free Throw %: 72.96
- Total Rebounds: 51.72
- Total Score: 107.60
- Field Goal %: 41.05
- Three Point %: 36.10
- Free Throw %: 78.48
- Total Rebounds: 45.92
76ers vs Bucks Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
Given how things have been going for the Milwaukee Bucks, it’s hard to imagine them losing twice to the same team in a single season, especially with this game on home court. I think the Bucks put on a bit of a show here in a comfortable win.
Philadelphia 76ers 104 – Milwaukee Bucks 123