By this stage of the NBA season, we usually have a very clear idea of which team or teams is the best in the league. It hasn’t been much of a contest over the past few years, with either the Golden State Warriors or Cleveland Cavaliers being the undisputed class of the NBA. Things are a little different this year, though, as we currently have a handful of teams that can quite easily make the claim of being the best. Yes, the Golden State Warriors are once again on top in their conference, but they are actually sitting behind the Milwaukee Bucks in the win percentage category.
There are a few other teams all sitting close to the mark being set by those two, which means that we could be in for a fun second half of the season. The NBA betting favorites Golden State Warriors are on an incredible run of form at the moment which they will try to keep going when they welcome in the Philadelphia 76ers on Thursday night. Philly is still in the hunt for the Eastern crown, but they are coming into this one as a 9.5-point underdog. The point total has been set at 240.
76ers vs Warriors NBA Spread & Pick for Thursday Night
- When: Thursday, January 31 at 10:30 PM EST
- Where: Oracle Arena, Oakland
- TV: TNT
- Radio: TuneIn/NBA
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Spread: Golden State Warriors -9.5 (Total 240.5)
Why bet on the Philadelphia 76ers?
Depending on where they play, the Philadelphia 76ers tend to look like a very different team on any given night. On home court, they have been nothing short of brilliant, winning 21 of 26 games and looking like a potential championship challenger. That is certainly not the case on the road, though, as they have been unable to muster a .500 record, going 12-13 in games away from home.
It does not seem as though things are going to get better in Oakland, as the 76ers are on a run that has seen them lose 10 in a row to the Warriors, with the last win for Philly on the road to Golden State coming in 2011. Covering away from home has also been problematic for the 76ers, who are 6-9 ATS as a road dog.
- Total Score: 115.69
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.24
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.34
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.65
- Total Rebounds: 47.37
- Total Score: 112.08
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.17
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.59
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.83
- Total Rebounds: 43.27
Why bet on the Golden State Warriors?
After a bit of an up and down start, which included some off the court issues, the Golden State Warriors once again appear to be totally focused on winning basketball games. How else do you explain a run that has now seen them win 11 in a row, a span of victories that has allowed them to nip ahead of the Denver Nuggets, albeit by the slimmest of margins, atop the Western Conference?
Home court advantage has once again been critical to the success of the Warriors, with Golden State going 18-6 in those games. They are just 10-12-1 ATS as a home favorite, but they are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games overall. Golden State has feasted on teams from the East, going 15-4 SU in those match-ups.
- Total Score: 119.06
- Field Goal Percentage: 49.09
- Three-Point Percentage: 38.94
- Free Throw Percentage: 82.05
- Total Rebounds: 46.74
- Total Score: 111.78
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.81
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.03
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.98
- Total Rebounds: 43.24
76ers vs Warriors NBA Betting Trends
- Philadelphia is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Golden State
- Philadelphia is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Philadelphia’s last 9 games on the road
- Golden State is 3-9-1 ATS in its last 13 games at home
- Golden State is 19-6 SU in its last 25 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Golden State’s last 7 games when playing Philadelphia
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for 76ers vs Warriors
The Golden State Warriors look like a championship team right now, which is why you need to like them against a 76ers team that routinely struggles on the road. That said, I am taking Philly to cover on Thursday night.
Score: Philadelphia 76ers 116 – Golden State Warriors 124