The Minnesota Timberwolves (3-10) will attempt to break a three-game losing streak when they host the Atlanta Hawks (7-7) on Friday, January 22, 2021 at Target Center as 8.5-point underdogs. The game airs at 8:00 PM ET on FS-SE. The over/under is set at 220.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
In the last 10 head-to-head matchups, Atlanta and Minnesota have a tied 5-5 record. The Hawks have a 2-1 record against the spread when facing the Timberwolves.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/18/2021||Hawks||Hawks||-7||228.5||-281||227||Regular Season||108-97 ATL|
|2/5/2020||Timberwolves||Timberwolves||-4||239||-179||149||Regular Season||127-120 ATL|
|11/25/2019||Timberwolves||Hawks||-4.5||235.5||-187||155||Regular Season||125-113 MIN|
|2/27/2019||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||131-123 ATL|
|12/28/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||123-120 ATL|
|3/28/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||126-114 MIN|
|1/29/2018||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||105-100 ATL|
|12/26/2016||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-90 MIN|
|12/21/2016||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||92-84 MIN|
|11/25/2015||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||99-95 MIN|
Hawks Betting Information
- Atlanta been consistently inconsistent against the spread this season, earning a 7-7 record.
- The Hawks have struggled to cover, going just 0-1 ATS when favored by at least 8.5 points.
- Atlanta has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 3 times in 14 contests (21.4%).
Timberwolves Betting Information
- Minnesota has a losing record against the spread, going 5-7-1 ATS (covering just 38.5% of the time).
- In most of Minnesota’s games this year, the teams have not hit the over (6 out of 13 games, 46.2%).
- In 307.1% of their opportunities this season (43 of 14 chances), the Hawks and their opponents have scored more than this matchup’s over/under of 220.5 points.
- Minnesota and its opponents have combined to score more than 220.5 points in 61.5% of their matchups this season (eight of 13 chances).
- The two teams average a combined 1.7 less points per game (218.8) than this matchup’s over/under of 220.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 5.3 more points per game (225.8) than this matchup’s total of 220.5 points.
- The average point total in Hawks games this season is 1.1 more points than the over/under of 220.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Timberwolves this season is 2.5 points higher than this game’s over/under.
- Trae Young leads the Hawks in points and assists. He puts up 24.0 points per game while also adding 9.0 assists.
- Clint Capela paces Atlanta with 14.2 rebounds per game.
- Bogdan Bogdanovic is the top three-point shooter for the Hawks, hitting 2.3 per game.
- Atlanta’s steals leader is Cameron Reddish, who grabs 1.4 per game. Capela leads the team averaging 1.7 blocks an outing.
- D’Angelo Russell’s strong performances this season give him the top spot on the Timberwolves scoring and assists leaderboards with 21.4 points per game and 5.6 assists per game.
- Jarrett Culver’s 5.5 rebounds per game paces Minnesota’s rebounding effort. He also adds 7.3 points per game.
- Russell is tops from three-point range for the Timberwolves, hitting 3.2 threes per game.
- Ricky Rubio is at the top of Minnesota’s steals hierarchy with 1.4 steals per game and Naz Reid leads the squad in blocks with 1.2 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- NBA Rumors: Ben Simmons Officially Will Not Report To 76ers Camp
- NBA Rumors: Nets-Lakers Highlights 2021 Christmas Day Schedule
- NBA Rumors: Kings Still Could Trade Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley III
- NBA Draft Rumors: Top 5 Picks Locked In Thursday?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Lakers Might Sign A 3rd Scoring Option