Just like betting on consistent ATS winners is a sure-fire route to making winning wagers, betting on their polar-opposite ATS counterparts can be just as profitable. Thanks to this expert betting breakdown on the best NBA ATS teams to bet against, you’re going to have more than one method of increasing your annual pro basketball betting bankroll. NBA Betting Lines are available 24 hours before the game starts so you can track the line movement and seize the moment. With that said, let’s get started.
Cleveland (21-24-3 ATS, 35-13 SU)
LeBron James and the Cavs may be the best team in the Eastern Conference, but they’ve also been one of the worst ATS teams to wager on this season and are just 10-13-3 ATS on the road.
Philadelphia (22-26-1 ATS, 7-42 SU)
When you rank 30th in scoring (94.8 ppg) and 25th in points allowed (105.4 ppg) like Philly does, it’s always going to be hard to cover the spread. Remember though, the Sixers are 13-13 ATS on the road, not to mention 7-3 ATS over their last 10 games.
Minnesota (22-28-1 ATS, 15-36 SU)
Despite snapping a five-game losing streak by beating the Clippers on Wednesday night, I’ve been really disappointed in Minnesota this season. The young T-Wolves are 21st in scoring (99.9 ppg) and 23rd in points allowed (103.7 ppg) and have been a really bad bet at home this season (7-17-1 ATS).
L.A. Lakers (22-29 ATS, 10-41 SU)
Where are Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and James Worthy when you really need them? The Lakers are 11-13 ATS at home and 11-16 ATS on the road.
Houston (22-29 ATS, 26-25 SU)
James Harden is a great scorer (27.9 ppg), but he doesn’t play a lick of defense and Dwight Howard is now a near afterthought. The Rockets are 29th in points allowed (106.5 ppg) and have compiled a losing ATS mark at home (12-16) and on the road (10-13).
New Orleans (20-28 ATS, 18-30 SU)
Anthony Davis clearly isn’t living up to his preseason billing as the best player on the planet not named LeBron James. While Davis is average 23 and 10, the Pelicans have been pretty awful defensively this season and have recorded identical 10-14 ATS marks both, at home and on the road.
Chicago (19-29 ATS, 27-21 SU)
The Bulls have lost the defensive prowess they displayed on a yearly basis under former head coach Tom Thibodeau and now rank 14th in points allowed (101.1 ppg). Chicago has gone 9-16 ATS at home and 10-13 ATS on the road.
Oklahoma City (20-31 ATS, 38-13 SU)
The Thunder may be one of the top contenders to upset San Antonio and Golden State in the Western Conference, but they’ve also been horrific when it comes to covering the spread this season. Case in point…while Oklahoma City has recorded an incendiary 9-1 SU mark over their last 10 games, Kevin Durant and company are also 1-6 ATS over their last seven games and just 3-7 ATS over their last 10 games overall.
Phoenix (19-31 ATS, 14-36 SU)
While the Suns average a respectable 100.5 points per game (18th), Phoenix also allows 106.5 points per game defensively (28th). The Suns are 12-12 ATS at home, but they’re almost money in the bank to lose when they’re on the road (7-19 ATS).
Sports & Betting Topics
- Warriors vs Nuggets NBA Week 14 Betting Lines & Pick
- How to Bet Heat vs Bucks NBA Spread & Expert Pick
- Timberwolves vs 76ers NBA Odds & Expert Prediction
- Updated NBA Championship Odds – January 14th Edition
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – January 14th
- How to Bet Nets at Raptors NBA Spread & Betting Pick
- Hawks vs 76ers NBA Betting Lines & Game Preview
- Lakers vs Jazz NBA Week 13 Odds, Preview & Expert Pick
- Celtics vs Heat NBA Odds & Expert Prediction
- Pistons vs Kings NBA Betting Lines & Game Preview
- How to Bet Thunder vs Spurs NBA Week 13 Spread & Pick
- Clippers at Nuggets NBA Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Pacers at Celtics NBA Week 13 Odds & Analysis
- Bucks vs Rockets NBA Spread & Pick for Wednesday Night
- Pistons at Lakers NBA Betting Lines & Game Analysis
- How to Bet Magic vs Jazz NBA Week 13 Lines & Expert Pick
- Spurs vs Grizzlies NBA Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Hornets vs Clippers NBA Odds, Preview & Pick for Tuesday Night
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – January 7th Edition
- Thunder vs Trail Blazers NBA Lines & Game Prediction
- Nets vs Grizzlies NBA Lines, Preview & Expert Pick for Friday Night
- How to Bet Magic at Timberwolves NBA Spread & Pick
- Mavericks vs Celtics NBA Week 12 Betting Preview & Prediction
- Rockets vs Warriors NBA Lines & Betting Analysis
- Nuggets vs Kings NBA Odds, Pick & Prediction
- Raptors vs Spurs NBA Odds, Preview & Expert Pick
- Thunder vs Lakers NBA Odds, Preview & Pick for Wednesday Night
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – December 31st Edition
- Updated 2019 NBA Championship Odds – December 26th Edition
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – Christmas Day Edition