With each team in the NBA now having played at least 20 games, the standings are pretty much as they always as, with the old familiar faces sitting at or near the top of the Eastern and Western Conferences. For the NBA betting favorites, the regular season has become little more than a warm-up for the postseason, as there is always very little doubt that the likes of the Warriors, Cavaliers, and Spurs will be missing out.
The San Antonio Spurs have not won the Western Conference for a few years now, but they always end up tucked in nicely behind the Golden State Warriors, which is exactly where they are right now. They will almost certainly be a playoff team come to the end of the season, and like all the top teams, they need to try and find a way to stay up and motivated for games against lesser opponents.
That is what they have on Wednesday night when they welcome in the Miami Heat, who are currently sitting outside the playoff picture in the Eastern Conference. Let’s check the latest NBA odds and dive into the game preview.
NBA Betting Preview & Expert Pick: Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs
THIS IS MIAMI HEAT BASKETBALL pic.twitter.com/gLnRTX9w7P
— Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) 4 de diciembre de 2017
- When: Wednesday, December 6 at 8:30 PM EST
- Where: AT&T Center, San Antonio
- TV: FSSW
- Radio: 790 AM (Miami) / 1360 KKTX (San Antonio)
- Live Stream: Fox Sports Go
- NBA Betting Odds: TBA
- All: Miami Heat 11-12 / San Antonio Spurs 16-8
- Home: Miami Heat 5-6 / San Antonio Spurs 11-2
- Away: Miami Heat 6-6 / San Antonio Spurs 5-6
- As Favorite: Miami Heat 6-3 / San Antonio Spurs 14-3
- As Underdog: Miami Heat 5-8 / San Antonio Spurs 2-5
- ATS: Miami Heat 8-13-2 / San Antonio Spurs 12-11-1
- Over/Under: Miami Heat 8-14-1 / San Antonio Spurs 9-15
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: San Antonio Spurs lead 10-0
- Score: Miami Heat 90.90 / San Antonio Spurs 106.30
- Field Goal Percentage: Miami Heat 50.45 / San Antonio Spurs 46.11
- Rebounds: Miami Heat 42.20 / San Antonio Spurs 34.10
- 3 Point Shots: Miami Heat 91-192 / San Antonio Spurs 67-187
- Steals: Miami Heat 7.90 / San Antonio Spurs 7.80
Why bet on the Miami Heat?
The days of James, Wade, and Bosh now feel like a distant memory for the Heat, as this is a team that is pretty far removed from those glory days of a few years ago. The Heat are currently a game under .500 at 11-12, and find themselves below the playoff line, albeit just a game back of the final postseason spot. Perhaps more importantly, though, they are just a game back of the Washington Wizards in the Southeast Division, which is looking particularly weak this season.
The smart thing to do for this team would be to look at the team above them in the division as opposed to focusing on the 9 teams ahead of them in the conference. The Heat need to be better than they have been of late, losing 3 of their last 4 games, and they also need to find a way to become better against teams with a record above .500, as their current mark in those match-ups is just 5-10.
- Total Score: 100.00
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.55
- Three Point Percentage: 35.87
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.05
- Total Rebounds: 42.04
- Total Score: 103.65
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.40
- Three Point Percentage: 37.08
- Free Throw Percentage: 78.61
- Total Rebounds: 44.35
Why bet on the San Antonio Spurs?
The San Antonio Spurs have been consistently good for as long as anyone can remember, and they stay relevant by sticking to a tried and true game plan, the majority of which is centered around playing great defensive basketball. The Spurs are once again going that route, giving up just 97 PPG, which is tops in the NBA right now. This is also a team that is tough to beat in their own building, and only 2 teams have managed that feat in 13 attempts this season.
There has not been a lot of joy for sub-.500 teams versus the Spurs this year, with San Antonio putting up a 13-2 mark against that group of teams. Another factor that needs to be considered here is the head to head between these two teams, with the Spurs currently on an 8-game winning streak versus the Heat, which includes a 117-100 win over them earlier this season.
- Total Score: 100.62
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.25
- Three Point Percentage: 36.33
- Free Throw Percentage: 78.74
- Total Rebounds: 44.75
- Total Score: 97.00
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.03
- Three Point Percentage: 34.71
- Free Throw Percentage: 70.90
- Total Rebounds: 41.42
Latest NBA Betting Trends
- Miami is 8-14-2 ATS in its last 24 games
- Miami is 4-3 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Miami’s last 7 games
- San Antonio is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Antonio’s last 7 games
Expert NBA Betting Pick and Final Score Prediction
The Spurs have owned the Heat in recent years, and I see no reason for that to change on Wednesday night. This should be a relatively comfortable win for San Antonio.
Score: Miami Heat 95 – San Antonio Spurs 105