The Indiana Pacers (2-0) are only 2-point underdogs against the Boston Celtics (1-1) at Bankers Life Fieldhouse on Sunday, December 27, 2020. The game tips at 8:00 PM ET on NBCS-BOS. The point total in the matchup is 221.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Boston holds an 8-2 record in the last 10 head-to-head matchups with Indiana. The Pacers have an advantage against the spread (1-0-1) when taking on the Celtics.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/10/2020||Celtics||Pacers||-3||214.5||-147||124||Regular Season||114-111 BOS|
|12/11/2019||Pacers||Pacers||-1.5||211||-121||102||Regular Season||122-117 IND|
|4/5/2019||–||Pacers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||117-97 BOS|
|3/29/2019||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-112 BOS|
|1/9/2019||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||135-108 BOS|
|11/3/2018||–||Pacers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||102-101 IND|
Celtics Betting Information
- Against the spread, Boston was strong last season, posting a 50-34-5 record.
- The Celtics posted a winning record of 30-23-4 against the spread when the spread was -2 or bigger.
- Boston and its adversaries combined to cover the point total in 44 of 89 games last season (49.4%).
Pacers Betting Information
- Indiana covered the spread in more than half of its outings, going 38-36-3 ATS.
- When they play as at least 2-point underdogs, the Pacers have a record ATS of 19-17-2.
- Indiana and its opponents hit the over in more than half of their games last season — 39 of 77 (50.6%).
- In 35 of 89 outings (39.3%) last season, the Celtics and their opponents scored at least this matchup’s point total of 221.5 points.
- Indiana and its opponents combined to score at least 221.5 points in 27 of 77 opportunities (35.1%) last season.
- Opponents of the two teams averaged a combined 7.0 fewer points per game last season (214.5) than this matchup’s total of 221.5 points.
- The average total the Celtics had set in games last year was 1.9 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Pacers last year was 4.8 points less than this game’s over/under.
- Jayson Tatum put up 23.4 points per game last season.
- Tristan Thompson collected 10.1 rebounds per game and Jeff Teague dished out 6.1 assists per matchup.
- Kemba Walker had a solid showing from long distance a season ago. He knocked down 3.2 shots from deep per game.
- Marcus Smart collected 1.7 per game. Daniel Theis averaged 1.3 blocks an outing.
- TJ Warren averaged 19.8 points per game last season.
- Malcolm Brogdon collected 7.1 assists a game and Domantas Sabonis pulled down 12.4 rebounds per outing.
- Doug McDermott had a strong showing from beyond the arc a season ago. He hit 1.9 shots from deep per game.
- Justin Holiday averaged 1.2 steals per game. Myles Turner collected 2.1 blocks an outing.
More Recent NBA News
- NBA Rumors: Nets-Lakers Highlights 2021 Christmas Day Schedule
- NBA Rumors: Kings Still Could Trade Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley III
- NBA Draft Rumors: Top 5 Picks Locked In Thursday?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Lakers Might Sign A 3rd Scoring Option
- Suns vs. Bucks Game 6 | Predictions Milwaukee Poised for NBA Title