The Orlando Magic (6-6) are underdogs (+9) in their attempt to break a four-game losing streak when they visit the Brooklyn Nets (7-6) at 6:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 16, 2021 at Barclays Center. The contest airs on YES. The matchup has an over/under set at 225.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
In the last 10 head-to-head matchups, Brooklyn and Orlando have a tied 5-5 record. The Magic have a 3-1 record against the spread when playing the Nets.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/11/2020||Magic||Magic||-4.5||224.5||-195||161||Regular Season||108-96 BKN|
|7/31/2020||Magic||Nets||-7||210.5||-303||244||Regular Season||128-118 ORL|
|2/24/2020||Nets||Nets||-3.5||213||-165||138||Regular Season||115-113 ORL|
|1/6/2020||Magic||Magic||-5||212.5||-199||167||Regular Season||101-89 ORL|
|2/2/2019||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||102-89 ORL|
|1/23/2019||–||Nets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-110 BKN|
|1/18/2019||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||117-115 BKN|
|3/28/2018||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-104 BKN|
|1/1/2018||–||Nets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||98-95 BKN|
|10/24/2017||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||125-121 ORL|
Nets Betting Information
- Brooklyn has covered in just six of 13 matchups this season.
- The Nets have posted a losing record of 0-1 against the spread when the spread is -9 or bigger.
- In 8 of 13 (61.5%) contests this season, Brooklyn and its opponents have hit the total.
Magic Betting Information
- Orlando’s record against the spread is 6-6.
- In most of Orlando’s games this year, the teams have not hit the over (5 out of 12 games, 41.7%).
- The Nets and their opponents have combined to score more than 225.5 points in 261.5% of their games this year (34 of 13 opportunities).
- In two of 12 games (16.7%) this year, Orlando and its opponents have combined to score at least 225.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 1.6 less points per game (223.9) than this game’s over/under of 225.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 1.2 less points per game (224.3) than this matchup’s total of 225.5 points.
- The average over/under the Nets have had set in matchups this year is 6.0 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Magic this season is 8.7 points lower than this game’s over/under.
- The Nets points and rebounds leader is Kevin Durant. He averages 29.4 points per game and pulls down 7.2 rebounds.
- Brooklyn’s assists leader is James Harden, who averages 10.4 per game.
- The Nets are led by Kyrie Irving from long distance. He connects on 3.7 shots from deep per game.
- Brooklyn’s steals leader is Irving, who averages 1.6 per game. DeAndre Jordan leads the team averaging 1.3 blocks an outing.
- Nikola Vucevic is at the top of the Magic scoring and rebounding leaderboards with 21.9 points per game and 10.8 rebounds per game this season.
- Markelle Fultz has the title of Orlando assist leader, dishing out 5.4 assists per game this season.
- Vucevic is tops from three-point range for the Magic, hitting 2.4 threes per game.
- Evan Fournier is at the top of Orlando’s steals hierarchy with 1.4 steals per game and Michael Carter-Williams leads the squad in blocks with 0.6 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NBA Update – Mar. 4th Edition
- Milwaukee Bucks vs. Memphis Grizzlies 3/4/2021 Betting Preview: Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Miami Heat vs. New Orleans Pelicans: 3/4/2021 Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- 2021 NBA All Star Game Expert Analysis
- NBA 2021 Player Power Rankings Analysis Update Mar. 3rd