Neither of the NBA conferences is really playing out as we expected them to this season, at least not yet. The general consensus in the Western Conference was that the Golden State Warriors would rule the roost and run away with things, but they are currently sitting down in the #3 spot. In the East, the feeling was that it was the Boston Celtics to lose. After all, they came really close to being in the NBA Finals last season, and with Kahwi Leonard healthy and back in the fold, the feeling was that they were primed to go one better this season.
That is not how things have gone for the Celtics, though, as they have had to overcome a slow start to get back in the hunt. They will have a tough one on Friday night, with the #2 ranked Milwaukee Bucks heading into the Garden. The Bucks are a 1-point road favorite, with the point total set at 223.
Bucks at Celtics NBA Betting Lines & Game Preview – December 21st
How the Bucks look to limit triples tonight, as it took the Celtics a franchise record 24 three-pointers to stop the Bucks 7 game win streak in the first meeting of the season: pic.twitter.com/3zEv7yuW0e— Milwaukee Bucks (@Bucks) 21 de diciembre de 2018
- When: Friday, December 21 at 8 PM EST
- Where: TD Garden, Boston
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Betting Lines: Milwaukee Bucks -1 (Total 223)
- All: Milwaukee Bucks 21-9 / Boston Celtics 18-12
- Home: Milwaukee Bucks 14-3 / Boston Celtics 9-4
- Away: Milwaukee Bucks 7-6 / Boston Celtics 9-8
- ATS: Milwaukee Bucks 15-13-2 / Boston Celtics 15-15
- Over/Under: Milwaukee Bucks 16-14 / Boston Celtics 17-13
Why bet on the Milwaukee Bucks?
The Bucks are having an outstanding year, and while the Toronto Raptors have been playing .500 ball of late, Milwaukee has won 7 of their last 10, allowing the cut the lead at the top of the East to just a game and a half. As good as they have been, the reality is that they have been a much better team in their own building, although they do have a 7-6 record on the road, which is not truly terrible.
They have been very good against teams with a winning record, going 13-7 in those games. While the Bucks have not been the underdog very often this year, they have excelled on those rare occasions, going 4-1 ATS as the dog, and 3-1 ATS as the road dog.
- Total Score: 117.77
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.57
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.13
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.64
- Total Rebounds: 49.90
- Total Score: 109.00
- Field Goal Percentage: 43.84
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.10
- Free Throw Percentage: 74.16
- Total Rebounds: 44.10
Why bet on the Boston Celtics?
The Celtics pulled out of an early-season swoon in a big way, throwing together a run of 8 straight wins, but that has now ended, with Boston taking back to back losses in their last 2 games. One of the areas where Boston has struggled this season is against teams with a winning record, as they are a game below .500 in those meetings.
The Celtics have covered the spread in 8 of their last 10 games, but they failed to do so in those consecutive losses. As a home favorite this season, Boston are 8-5 ATS. 7 of the last 10 games for the Celtics have seen the OVER hit, but that has not been the case for the Bucks, with just 2 of their last 10 going that route.
- Total Score: 111.20
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.35
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.34
- Free Throw Percentage: 79.76
- Total Rebounds: 46.07
- Total Score: 104.30
- Field Goal Percentage: 43.91
- Three-Point Percentage: 32.78
- Free Throw Percentage: 74.27
- Total Rebounds: 45.43
Bucks at Celtics NBA Betting Trends
- Milwaukee is 4-8-1 ATS in its last 13 games
- Milwaukee is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Milwaukee’s last 8 games
- Boston is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Boston is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Boston’s last 6 games at home
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Bucks at Celtics
Despite those back to back losses, I am still leaning towards the Celtics at home, although I do think we are looking at a close one, with the point total falling UNDER.Score: Milwaukee Bucks 108 – Boston Celtics 111