Over the course of the regular season in the NBA, it’s not unusual to see every team go through a little bit of a rough patch. With an 82-game season to navigate, there are going to be times when the confidence is down, or the breaks just don’t go the way you want them to. While this is an expected part of the game, it’s something that cannot be carried over into the playoffs. Simply going on a streak where a team loses back to back games could very well be the difference between winning and losing a series.
Both the Milwaukee Bucks and the Boston Celtics came into the second round after breezing through the opening round in a sweep. It quickly became clear, though, that things were going to be a good deal tougher, with Boston going on the road and stealing Game 1. The Bucks bounced back and took the next two games, though, and can now put the Celtics on the brink of elimination with a win in Game 4. It is the Celtics who are 1.5 points favorite for this one, with the point total set at 220 ½.
Bucks vs Celtics 2019 NBA Playoffs Betting Lines & Pick for Game 4
- When: Monday, May 6 at 7 PM EST
- Where: TD Garden, Boston
- TV: TNT
- Radio: Sports Hub
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- 2019 NBA Playoffs Betting Lines: Boston Celtics -2 (Total 220)
Why bet on the Milwaukee Bucks?
The Milwaukee Bucks finished the regular season with the best record in the NBA, but they also knew that people would forget all about that if they did not make a deep run in the playoffs. They certainly seemed to be aware of that in the opening round, dispatching the Detroit Pistons in a 4-game sweep that was about as one-sided as it gets.
The easy path got a little rockier in Round 2, though, with the Bucks dropping the opening game of this series in a 112-90 loss to the Celtics. Good teams recover quickly, which is exactly what Milwaukee did, winning Game 2 at home and then taking Game 3 in Boston. The Bucks are now 6-1 ATS in the playoffs and 7-2 ATS overall as a road dog.
- Total Score: 118.08
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.57
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.46
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.89
- Total Rebounds: 49.83
- Total Score: 108.78
- Field Goal Percentage: 43.17
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.06
- Free Throw Percentage: 73.84
- Total Rebounds: 45.20
Why bet on the Boston Celtics?
The Celtics could not have asked for a better start to this series, winning comfortably in Game 1 and stealing home-court advantage in the process. If they thought things were going to be easy, they were given a serious wake-up call in Game 2, with the Bucks bouncing back and winning 123-102.
Milwaukee upped the heat a little further with a win in Game 3 on the road in Boston. The Celtics now find themselves in a bit of a must-win situation, as you can’t really like their chances of digging out of a 1-3 hole with 2 games still be to play in Milwaukee. Boston started the playoffs by covering 5 straight games, but they have failed to cover in each of the last 2.
- Total Score: 111.72
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.39
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.70
- Free Throw Percentage: 80.31
- Total Rebounds: 44.78
- Total Score: 107.36
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.59
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.50
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.90
- Total Rebounds: 45.67
Bucks vs Celtics 2019 NBA Playoffs Betting Trends
- Bucks are 5-11 ATS in their last 16 games against Boston
- Bucks are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games against Boston
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Milwaukee’s last 6 games
- Celtics are 2-9 ATS in their last 11 games at home
- Celtics are 9-3 SU in their last 12 games
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of Boston’s last 15 games against Milwaukee
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Bucks vs Celtics
This has the makings of a long series, but that could quickly change if the Bucks make it 3 straight wins in a row, which is exactly what I think they will do, albeit in a close one.
Score: Milwaukee Bucks 109 – Boston Celtics 107