It is not uncommon to see struggling teams come out and get a win over the course of an 82-game season. The reality is that off-nights happen and the better teams will often let their guard down against teams that they really should beat. The chances of that happening in the postseason are a whole lot less, though, as the very good teams are able to find another gear that they can slip into to take care of those poorer teams. It’s why we so often see series in the opening round of the playoffs end quickly.
The Milwaukee Bucks, who had the best record in the NBA in the regular season, tore through the first round without breaking too much of a sweat. It looks, though, as though they are going to be forced to work a good deal harder in the second round, as the Boston Celtics look as though they are ready to make another run in the playoffs. The series heads back to Boston on Friday night tied at 1-1. The Boston Celtics are favored by 2 ½ in this one, with the point total set at 219.
Bucks vs Celtics 2019 NBA Playoffs Odds & Game 3 Prediction
- When: Friday, May 3 at 8 PM EST
- Where: TD Garden, Boston
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: The Sports Hub
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Odds: Boston Celtics -2.5 (Total 219)
Why bet on the Milwaukee Bucks?
The Milwaukee Bucks were by far the best team in the NBA in the regular season, but we all know that records in the regular season count for very little once the playoffs come around. The Bucks, though, just carried on where they left off, sweeping the Detroit Pistons and winning the 4 games by an average of around 24 PPG.
Things are not going to be as easy here, though, with the Bucks getting blown out in Game 1 by a score of 112-90. That loss may have proven to be a bit of a wake-up call for the Bucks, as they came out and dominated the Celtics in Game 2, winning that one by a score of 123-102. The Bucks are now 5-1 ATS through the playoffs, but in recent meetings with Boston, they are just 4-11 ATS.
- Total Score: 118.02
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.54
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.40
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.06
- Total Rebounds: 49.90
- Total Score: 108.69
- Field Goal Percentage: 43.17
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.01
- Free Throw Percentage: 73.48
- Total Rebounds: 45.22
Why bet on the Boston Celtics?
It was, if we are being totally honest, a bit of an underwhelming regular season for the Boston Celtics. They started the season as the favorites to win the East after going all the way to the Conference Finals last season. While the Celtics may not have lived up to expectations in the regular season, they do appear to have stepped things up a gear in the playoffs.
Like the Bucks, Boston won their opening round series versus the Indiana Pacers 4-0. They covered the spread in each of their first 5 games of the postseason before their blowout loss in Game 2 of this one. As a home favorite this season, the Celtics are 22-19 ATS.
- Total Score: 111.67
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.42
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.66
- Free Throw Percentage: 80.06
- Total Rebounds: 44.78
- Total Score: 107.18
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.52
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.43
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.07
- Total Rebounds: 45.69
Bucks vs Celtics 2019 NBA Playoffs Betting Trends
- Bucks are 4-11 ATS in their last 15 games against Boston
- Bucks are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Milwaukee’s last 5 games on the road
- Celtics are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 games at home
- Celtics are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Boston’s last 14 games against Milwaukee
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Bucks vs Celtics
We have seen the first two games of this series end in blowout wins for each team, but these two are a whole lot closer than those scores would suggest. I think we finally get a tight one on Friday night, with the Bucks getting the win.
Score: Milwaukee Bucks 106 – Boston Celtics 103