For many teams in the NBA, there is a very fine margin between making the playoffs and missing out. You need only look at the current state of things in each conference to see that a bunch of teams is going to need to take the season all the way down to the wire to see if they make it in or not. While landing the #8 seed in either conference usually means a quick first-round exit, the achievement of actually surviving and making it in is one that should still be celebrated for those teams.
The Sacramento Kings are in the position of being in a fight for their playoff lives in the Western Conference, where they currently sit below the line, albeit only just. They can definitely find their way in with a strong finish, but they are going to have a very tough time getting the win they need on Wednesday night when they welcome in the Milwaukee Bucks, the team that just happens to have the best record in the NBA. Milwaukee is a 5 ½ point road favorite, with the point total set at 234.5.
Bucks vs Kings NBA Betting Odds & Game Preview
- When: Wednesday, February 27 at 10 PM EST
- Where: Golden 1 Center, Sacramento
- TV: TNT
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Betting Odds: Milwaukee Bucks -5.5 (Total 234.5)
Why bet on the Milwaukee Bucks?
The Milwaukee Bucks have been setting a torrid pace all season long and they show absolutely no signs of slowing down. They come into this game with a 5-game win streak under their belts, a run that has taken them to 9-1 in their last 10. They are 2 games up on the Toronto Raptors in the Eastern Conference, but given how well the team from north of the border are playing, the Bucks will be aware that they cannot afford to slip up as they head down the home stretch in the regular season.
Milwaukee has been great away from home, posting a 21-9 record in hostile territory, while going 14-6 versus teams from the Western Conference this season. The Bucks have won 5 straight against the Kings, including a 144-109 blowout earlier this season. Milwaukee is a solid 14-8-2 ATS as a road favorite.
- Total Score: 116.98
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.91
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.04
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.03
- Total Rebounds: 48.88
- Total Score: 107.30
- Field Goal Percentage: 43.10
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.86
- Free Throw Percentage: 74.21
- Total Rebounds: 44.42
Why bet on the Sacramento Kings?
The Sacramento Kings are currently sitting below the playoff line, and while that is certainly not the ideal place to be, they are still well within reach of the #8 spot, sitting just 1 game back of the San Antonio Spurs. The one thing that has helped keep this team alive in their quest for a playoff spot is their play at home, where they have posted a 20-10 record.
That said, they have struggled mightily against teams with a winning record, going just 9-21 in those games. On the plus side, they have a 14-6 record versus teams from the East, so perhaps they have a shot at keeping this one close. The Kings are an impressive 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games and are 13-7-1 ATS as a home underdog this season.
- Total Score: 113.52
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.38
- Three-Point Percentage: 37.61
- Free Throw Percentage: 71.60
- Total Rebounds: 45.13
- Total Score: 114.78
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.20
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.03
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.05
- Total Rebounds: 48.45
Bucks vs Kings NBA Betting Trends
- Milwaukee is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Milwaukee is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Milwaukee’s last 5 games on the road
- Sacramento is 10-1 ATS in its last 11 games at home
- Sacramento is 9-1 SU in its last 10 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Sacramento’s last 5 games at home
Expert Pick & Final Score PredictionThe Bucks are on an absolute tear at the moment and have had little problem disposing of Sacramento in recent meetings. This all suggests that the Bucks will go out and win comfortably on Wednesday night, covering the spread in the process.
Score: Milwaukee Bucks 120 – Sacramento Kings 107