Over the last few seasons in the NBA, the Finals match-up has become somewhat predictable, but this season looks as though it is going to be a little different. With LeBron James jumping ship and heading the Lakers, we knew that the Cavaliers would fall, leaving the top spot open for someone else in the Eastern Conference. As it stands right now, it is the Milwaukee Bucks who are taking that leadership role, although the Toronto Raptors are breathing right down their neck.
Over in the West, the Houston Rockets won the conference last season, but after a slow start, they are a little off the pace, although great recent form has them climbing up the rankings rather quickly. Given how things are going right now, it is not outside the realm of possibility to have the Bucks and Rockets meet in the NBA Finals, and while there is a lot of basketball to be played before we even see who will be in the postseason, that potential future meeting makes this one all the more interesting. The Bucks are in as a 1 ½ point road favorite, with the point total set at 226.
Bucks vs Rockets NBA Spread & Pick for Wednesday Night
“He really is the spirit of the team.” pic.twitter.com/Zx7hwsn3EL— Milwaukee Bucks (@Bucks) 9 de enero de 2019
- When: Wednesday, January 9 at 8 PM EST
- Where: Toyota Center, Houston
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Spread: Milwaukee Bucks -1.5 (Total 227.5)
Why bet on the Milwaukee Bucks?
While we had an idea that the Milwaukee Bucks were going to be good this season, I don’t think too many people predicted them being quite this good. They are in the #2 spot in The Eastern Conference, just a single game back of the Toronto Raptors. Perhaps even more surprising is that their current .718 win percentage is in fact the second best in the NBA, once again right behind Toronto.
The Bucks have been incredibly consistent all season long and are currently on a streak that has seen them win 8 of their last 10 games. They have been a little less dominating on the road, where they are 9-7 on the season, and that has carried over against the spread, where they are 4-7-1 ATS as a road favorite. That said, this is a team that has covered in 6 of their last 7 games overall.
- Total Score: 117.56
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.82
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.81
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.29
- Total Rebounds: 49.38
- Total Score: 108.00
- Field Goal Percentage: 43.24
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.17
- Free Throw Percentage: 73.83
- Total Rebounds: 43.95
Why bet on the Houston Rockets?
The Rockets got off to a surprisingly slow start to the season and were, in fact, the second bottom in the conference just a few short weeks ago. They have started to come to life, though, and have worked their way up to the #5 seed, just 4 games off the pace being set by the Denver Nuggets at the top of the conference.
Houston is maintaining their solid run of form quite nicely, going 8-2 in their last 10 games, and they are really setting the tone in their own building, where they are 14-5 SU this season. During that run, they have covered the spread 8 times, making them a very solid bet. They have only been an underdog at home twice this season, going a perfect 2-0 ATS in those games.
- Total Score: 110.67
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.89
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.31
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.40
- Total Rebounds: 41.97
- Total Score: 109.10
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.24
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.78
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.02
- Total Rebounds: 43.23
Bucks vs Rockets NBA Betting Trends
- Milwaukee is 7-13-1 ATS in its last 21 games on the road
- Milwaukee is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Milwaukee’s last 7 games on the road
- Houston is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Houston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Houston’s last 13 games at home
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Bucks vs Rockets
This should be a fun one to watch, as we are looking at a pair of teams in a rich vein of form at the moment. This is one that is likely to go back and forth right up until the final buzzer, with the slight edge going to Houston at home.
Score: Milwaukee Bucks 113 – Houston Rockets 114