Cleveland vs Orlando NBA Opening Lines
Expectations can be awfully tough to live up to, especially when they are at such a high level. The Cleveland Cavaliers currently lead the Eastern Conference, yet the headlines surrounding this team are mainly about how poorly they are playing. It’s certainly not a dominant lead, as just 2.5 games separate the Cavs from the #9 ranked Orlando Magic. Those two teams will hook up on Friday when the Cavaliers take a trip to Orlando.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs Orlando Magic NBA Opening Lines
Date/Time: Friday, December 11, 2015 7:00 PM ET
Venue: Amway Center
Opening Lines: Cleveland -5 (-110), Orlando +5 (-110)
(Live Stream Option)
— Cleveland Cavaliers (@cavs) December 9, 2015
The questions about the Cavaliers (14-7) became a whole lot louder this week when they slipped to their 3rd straight win in a lackluster performance against the Miami Heat. The Cavaliers were without LeBron James for that one, as he was given the night off. That is no excuse, though, as this team is more than talented enough to be able to play a game or two without King James. There is a lot of blame to go around right now, especially when it comes to team shooting, which has been hovering at or below 40% in recent games. The Cavaliers were able to stop the bleeding a little with a 106-100 win over Portland earlier in the week, but they are going to have to string together a few more wins if they want the chatter to die down a little. That streak is not a given, though, as the next two games are on the road, where the Cavaliers are just 4-6 so far this season. I’m sure that this will all pay itself out for Cleveland, just as it did last year, especially when they get back to full strength.
You have to have some respect for this Orlando Magic (12-10) team after they found a way to recover from a pretty awful 0-4 start to the season. They have now won 6 of their last 8 games, which included a 3-2 record from a 5-game road trip. They can now look forward to 5 of their next 6 games at home, which is good news for a team boasting a 7-3 record on home court this season. The Magic are sitting just outside the playoff picture right now, and if they want to make their way into the top 8 in the Eastern Conference, they are going to have to find a way to get better against foes from the east. They are currently just 5-5 in conference games, which simply isn’t good enough when you look at how tight things are in there right now.
Key Betting Trends
- Cleveland is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Orlando
- Cleveland is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Orlando
- Cleveland is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Orlando
- Cleveland is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Orlando
- Cleveland is 6-12 SU in its last 18 games when playing on the road against Orlando
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Cleveland’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Orlando
- Orlando is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Cleveland
- Orlando is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Cleveland
- Orlando is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Cleveland
- Orlando is 12-6 SU in its last 18 games when playing at home against Cleveland
- Orlando is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Cleveland
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Orlando’s last 6 games when playing at home against Cleveland
Consider This Before Placing Your Bet
I basically have this one down as a coin flip game, as I believe it might just be too close to call. You would think that the Magic have the edge on home court, but my gut tells me that Cleveland will squeak out the win here.