The Sacramento Kings might not be a part of the upcoming postseason, but the pleasantly surprising young squad will look to close out their campaign on a positive note over their final four games, starting with Thursday night’s home date against a reeling Cleveland Cavaliers that has completely thrown in the towel. Now, let’s find out if the Kings can cover the chalk as a near, double-digit home favorite.
Cavaliers vs Kings NBA Betting Lines & Game Analysis
- When: Thursday, April 4, 2019 at 10:00 PM ET
- Where: Golden 1 Center, Sacramento, CA
- TV: FSOH, NSCA
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- Opening NBA Lines: Sacramento -9.5 (total 228.5)
Wby Bet On Cleveland?
As I just mentioned, the Cavs have completely quit on the season and come into this contest riding a six-game losing streak that includes a humbling 122-113 loss to Phoenix on Monday. Rookie point guard Collin Sexton scored a team-high 21 points in the loss to reach 20 for the 12th time in his last 13 games. Still, the Cavs have been abysmal defensively in allowing at least 116 points in each of their last five losses while giving up at least 110 points in each of their last eight defeats overall. Cleveland averages 104.6 points per game (29th) while allowing 113.9 points per game defensively (23rd). The Cavaliers have lost nine straight on the road.
“One thing that I have put an emphasis on with this club is learning how to play on the road,” Drew told reporters after a 122-113 loss at lowly Phoenix on Monday. “When you do that, you don’t put yourself into a position like we put ourselves into tonight. But I can’t fault the effort. I can’t fault the fact they kept playing hard, they just came up short.”
- Total Score: 104.64
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.32
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.62
- Free Throw Percentage: 79.29
- Total Rebounds: 42.65
- Total Score: 113.87
- Field Goal Percentage: 49.31
- Three-Point Percentage: 37.79
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.96
- Total Rebounds: 44.29
Wby Bet On Sacramento?
Sacramento has lost three of four and four of six to fall out of playoff contention over the last week, but the Kings still have a lot to play for over their final handful of games. The Kings need to win each of their final four remaining games to finish with a winning record or three of four to finish at .500 after falling to Houston 130-105 on Tuesday. Veteran shooting guard Buddy Hield scored a team-high 20 points but it wasn’t enough to overcome James Harden’s game-high 36 points and 10 assists.
“I just think our energy was bad, that’s all I can say,” Hield told reporters afterward. “They’re a good team, but our energy was bad, and everyone was looking like they wanted the season to be done with. We have to do a better job finishing, closing out and competing.”
Sacramento averages a healthy 113.9 points per game to rank an impressive 10th in scoring but the Kings allow 114.9 points per game defensively to rank an uninspiring 26th in points allowed.
- Total Score: 113.95
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.33
- Three-Point Percentage: 37.79
- Free Throw Percentage: 72.57
- Total Rebounds: 45.62
- Total Score: 114.91
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.27
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.17
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.31
- Total Rebounds: 47.92
Cavaliers vs Kings NBA Betting Trends
- Cleveland is 77-101 ATS (-34.1 Units) in all games over the last 2 seasons.
- Cleveland is 12-25 ATS (-15.5 Units) against Pacific division opponents over the last 3 seasons.
- Cleveland is 21-37 ATS (-19.7 Units) after a non-conference game over the last 2 seasons.
- Sacramento is 44-33 ATS (+7.7 Units) in all games this season.
- Sacramento is 41-30 ATS (+8.0 Units) when the total is greater than or equal to 220 this season.
- Sacramento is 17-7 ATS (+9.3 Units) as a favorite this season.
Expert Analysis and Prediction
There’s a reason why a convincing 73 percent of public bettors are backing the Kings to win and cash in and it’s because Cleveland has completely and utterly quit on this season hoops heads. The Cavaliers are 6-14-2 ATS in their last 22 games against teams from the Western Conference. Cleveland is also 1-4 ATS in their last five games following a loss and 1-4-1 ATS in their last six road games.
On the flip side of the coin, Sacramento has gone a bankroll-boosting 0-2 ATS in their last 12 home games vs. a team with a road winning percentage of less than .400 while also going 5-1 ATS in their last six games following a double-digit loss at home, 12-1 ATS in their last 13 games against teams from the Central Division. While the road team in this series has gone 5-1 ATS in the last six meetings, Sacramento is 19-9 ATS in their last 28 games against a team with a losing record and that should be enough for you to back them in this affair.
Pick: Sacramento 117 Cleveland 105