Each year it seems as though we all get a little too heavy handed with the expectations for a few teams in the NBA. No team came into this season with larger expectations that the Cleveland Cavaliers, and it is beginning to look as though they are starting to buckle a little under that pressure. They will have another tough match-up on Tuesday when they welcome in a suddenly hot Portland Trail Blazers.
Portland Trail Blazers at Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Opening LinesDate/Time: Tuesday, December 08, 2015 7:00 PM ETVenue: Quicken Loans ArenaOpening Lines: Portland +9.5 (-110), Cleveland -9.5 (-110)(Live Stream Options) Miami rolled to a 99-84 win on Sunday. The Cavaliers need a much better week this time around if they don’t want to slip even further off the pace.The last time the Trail Blazers (9-12) won a championship was back in 1977, which means there has been little to cheer about in Portland since then. That all changed with the Portland Timbers winning the MLS Championship on Sunday, and putting the Trail Blazers in the uncomfortable position of being the underachiever in the city. It has not been the best start to the year by Portland, but a couple of back to back wins to end the week should have them coming into this one feeling pretty good about themselves. They are in the midst of a 4-game road trip that will continue in Milwaukee on Monday before heading to Cleveland. It has been a bit of a struggle on the road for Portland this season, with just a 4-7 record to show for their efforts. This is a team that is starting to score, though, and that could present a problem for a struggling Cavaliers offense.
Key Betting Trends
- Cleveland is 3-5-1 ATS in its last 9 games when playing Portland
- Cleveland is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games when playing Portland
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cleveland’s last 5 games when playing Portland
- Cleveland is 2-3-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against Portland
- Cleveland is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games when playing at home against Portland
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Cleveland’s last 6 games when playing at home against Portland
- Portland is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games when playing Cleveland
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Portland’s last 5 games when playing Cleveland
- Portland is 3-7-1 ATS in its last 11 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
- Portland is 3-8 SU in its last 11 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Portland’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Cleveland