While we all tend to get caught up in the race for first in each of the NBA conferences at this stage of the season, it’s easy to forget that there are some great battles going on elsewhere. The fight to just make the postseason is always a fun one to watch, but there is a great duel going on in the Eastern Conference right now, with 3 teams trying to battle it out for the final two spots in the top 4.
It’s definitely looking as though Milwaukee and Toronto have the #1 and #2 seeds locked up, so who will get into the coveted #3 and #4 spots, which guarantee home court advantage in at least the opening round? As mentioned, there are 3 teams vying for those spots, although with the Philadelphia 76ers on a bit of a mad tear at the moment, it might well just be the Indiana Pacers and Boston Celtics fighting it out for 4th. The Celtics can tighten things up again on Wednesday night with a win, but they could also lose more ground if the 76ers win at home. Philly is in as a 3-point favorite, with the point total set at 225.
How to Bet Celtics vs 76ers NBA Odds & Game Info
- When: Wednesday, March 20 at 7 PM EST
- Where: Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia
- TV: ESPN
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Odds: Philadelphia 76ers (Total 224.5)
Why bet on the Boston Celtics?
The Boston Celtics have been a very tough team to figure out this season, perhaps because we all expected them to be challenging for the #1 spot in the East. As it is, they are sitting 10 games back of the Milwaukee Bucks and are struggling to break into the top 4. As it stands now, they are a ½ game back of the Indiana Pacers, who sit in that spot, as well as now being 3 games back of the high-flying Philadelphia 76ers in 3rd.
Part of their problem this season has been a lack of consistency, with their biggest issues coming on the road, where they are playing .500 ball at 17-17. They have been a team to regularly avoid in wagers, as they have now failed to cover in 4 straight games. Overall, they are 6-5 ATS as a road underdog.
- Total Score: 112.66
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.52
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.40
- Free Throw Percentage: 80.64
- Total Rebounds: 44.56
- Total Score: 107.56
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.91
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.10
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.94
- Total Rebounds: 45.69
Why bet on the Philadelphia 76ers?
The 76ers are getting into stride at just the right time, winning 5 in a row and officially clinching their playoff spot, which was never really in any doubt. Philly have now won 7 of their last 10 games and continue to be a dominant force in their own building, going 28-9 in games played at home.
The question now is whether they can find a way to solve a Boston Celtics team that has beaten them in 6 of the last 7 meetings, including all 3 games this season. Philadelphia have lost to Boston each of the last 3 times that the Celtics have come to town, suggesting that their great home record may be null and void here. As far as covering the spread goes, Philly are and even 18-18 as a home favorite.
- Total Score: 115.14
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.21
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.85
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.47
- Total Rebounds: 47.45
- Total Score: 111.76
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.24
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.80
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.21
- Total Rebounds: 43.37
Celtics vs 76ers NBA Betting Trends
- Boston is 2-3-1 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Boston is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing Philadelphia
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Boston’s last 13 games on the road
- Philadelphia is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Boston
- Philadelphia is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games when playing Boston
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 6 games when playing Boston
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Celtics vs 76ers
This is one of those games where you are tempted to take the underdog just because of how well they have performed in the past. I think Philadelphia are long overdue for a win against Boston and I am taking them to get it here.
Score: Boston Celtics 106 Philadelphia 76ers 110