As always seems to happen when we reach this point of the NBA season, we are starting to see a level of separation take place in both conferences. There is a clear leader to be found in the Eastern and Western Conference, followed by a packed group of chasers and the usual battle for the final couple of playoff spots. With the All-Star Break coming soon, every team is getting ready for a few days off before they jump into what is sure to be a crazy second half of the season.
With the #1 seeds seemingly out of reach, barring a miracle, it’s all about establishing as high a seeding as possible so that the road through the playoffs is as smooth as it can get. Right now, the Boston Celtics are in the top 4 in the East, while the Orlando Magic are down in the #7 spot and in a rather precarious position. These two will meet on Friday night in the first of 4 games this season. The Magic have had the better of this matchup of late and are in as a 1-point favorite. The point total for this one is set at 212 ½.
How to Bet Celtics vs Magic NBA Spread & Friday Night Pick
- When: Friday, January 24 at 7 PM EST
- Where: Amway Center, Orlando
- TV: NBA TV
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Odds: Orlando Magic -1 (Total 212.5)
Why bet on the Boston Celtics?It has been a bit of an up and down season for a Celtics team that seems to be having a problem staying on a positive run of form. While they are coming into this game on the heels of 2 wins in a row, they have only managed to go 4-6 in their last 10. They are drifting further and further away from the Bucks at the top of the Eastern Conference and are now 9 games out of first.
The Celtics are in the #4 seed, but with the division so tightly packed in the 2 through 6 spots, they need to start winning more consistently. Boston is 2 games above .500 at 11-9 on the road, but they have been great against teams with a losing record, going 21-6. They have covered in 5 of their last 7 games.
- Total Score: 112.49
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.06
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.70
- Free Throw Percentage: 80.15
- Total Rebounds: 45.60
- Total Score: 105.42
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.56
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.59
- Free Throw Percentage: 74.13
- Total Rebounds: 44.02
Why bet on the Orlando Magic?The Orlando Magic are in a bit of a strange spit in the Eastern Conference in that they are sitting in the #7 seed, but also a whopping 7 ½ games back of the next closest team. For the Magic, the second half is likely to be a battle to ensure that they stay in the top 8. Where they are now will not given them an ideal first round matchup, but you never know what might happen once the playoffs begin.
The reality here, though, is that their current standing is about as good as they can expect for a team that is 3 games below .500 at 21-24. They have been playing .500 ball over the last 10 games, but the Magic have been a decent pick against the spread, covering in 8 of their last 12.
- Total Score: 103.98
- Field Goal Percentage: 43.45
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.77
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.36
- Total Rebounds: 45.07
- Total Score: 104.27
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.33
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.46
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.83
- Total Rebounds: 46.16
Celtics vs Magic 2020 NBA Betting Trends
- Magic are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Atlantic division
- Magic are 6-3 ATS in their last 9 games this season
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Orlando’s last 8 games at home
- Celtics are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Eastern conference
- Celtics are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Boston’s last 7 games this season
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Celtics vs MagicThe Magic are likely a favorite here due to the fact that they are 4-1 SU and ATS in their last 5 meetings with the Boston Celtics. That is not a run that I see continuing tonight.
Score: Boston Celtics 116 – Orlando Magic 107