Philadelphia vs Charlotte NBA Betting Information
There is an old saying about things being darkest right before dawn. If that is indeed the case, then you have to think that the day must surely be about to break in Philadelphia. The 76ers are off to a truly awful start to the season, and have another tough game ahead of them on Friday when they have to head into Charlotte to face the Hornets. It has become routine to bet against Philly right now, but could this be the one where they come out on top? Find the latest NBA odds here.
Philadelphia 76ers vs Charlotte Hornets NBA Betting Information
Date/Time: Friday, November 20, 2015 7:00 PM ET
Venue: Time Warner Cable Arena
Opening Lines: Philadelphia +10(-110), Charlotte -10(-110)
(Live Stream Option)
All of the money being placed on the Philadelphia 76ers (0-12) at the moment pretty much has to do with how long this losing streak is going to continue. They have offered a little bit of value against the spread, as they are just 5-7 ATS through the opening 12 games of the season. You might be inclined to put a little money on this team to win if they were coming close in games, but the 112-85 loss to the Indiana Pacers in their last outing is pretty indicative of what they have been delivering so far this season. The 76ers have lost their games by an average of 14 points this season, which isn’t that surprising when you see that they are dead last in scoring with just a 90.2 PPG average. Jahlil Okafor and TJ McConnell have been the lone bright lights for Philly this season, but their contributions are not enough to lift a team that is very getting very little out of the rest of their squad.
The Charlotte Hornets (6-6) got off to a slow start, losing all 3 of their opening games this season. They have done a pretty nice job of righting the ship, and have gone 6-3 in the 9 games since that poor start. A good part of their recent successes has been down to how well they have played on home court, where they have put together a 4-1 record, with their last 4 home games all ending with a win. Their only loss at home this season came against an Atlanta Hawks team that looks as though it’s going to be pretty good again this year. The Hornets are averaging 102.0 PPG this season, but that average is a good deal higher when they play on home court. The perfect example of that came in their 130-105 dismantling of the Boston Celtics. They play a more open, offensive style at home, and that could spell trouble for the 76ers.
Key NBA Betting Trends
- Philadelphia is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Charlotte
- Philadelphia is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Charlotte
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Philadelphia’s last 10 games when playing Charlotte
- Philadelphia is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Charlotte
- Philadelphia is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Charlotte
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Philadelphia’s last 14 games when playing on the road against Charlotte
- Charlotte is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Philadelphia
- Charlotte is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Philadelphia
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Charlotte’s last 10 games when playing Philadelphia
- Charlotte is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against Philadelphia
- Charlotte is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Philadelphia
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Charlotte’s last 14 games when playing at home against Philadelphia
Consider This Before Placing Your Bet
Philadelphia is going to win a few games this year, but I just don’t think the first victory will come on Friday. Charlotte have been great at home and are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 after coming off a game where they surrendered 100 points or more.