In order to make it to the postseason, teams in the NBA generally need to have a solid home record and a better than average record versus conference foes. That said, it is never a good idea to write off games against non-conference opponents, as those wins and losses can quickly add up and sometimes mean the difference between getting into the playoffs and missing out. Thursday night will see a pair of teams from opposing conferences go head to head, with both currently sitting in playoff spots in their respective conferences.
The Clippers will go on the road to Indiana knowing that they have performed quite well against teams from the Eastern Conference, going 11-8 in those games. The Pacers also have a winning record versus non-conference foes, going 10-9 versus teams from the West. While both teams have proven that they can have success against teams they don’t meet very often, only one of them can come away with the win on Thursday night. The Indiana Pacers are in as a 7-point favorite, with the point total for this one set at 218.
Clippers vs Pacers NBA Odds, Preview & Pick
- When: Thursday, February 7 at 7 PM EST
- Where: Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis
- TV: TNT
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Odds: Indiana Pacers -7 (Total 218)
Why bet on the LA Clippers?The LA Clippers have been a little up and down of late, posting a 6-4 record over their last 10 games, a run that has been good enough to keep them in the #8 spot in the Western Conference. It is not what you would call a comfortable spot to be in, though, as they are just a game and a half ahead of the Sacramento Kings in the #9 slot.
The Clippers have not really been dominant at home or on the road, but what they do have is a winning record at home and away, with a 15-13 SU record in the latter. The Pacers are a team that LA has had trouble with over the last couple of seasons, coming into the first meeting of the year have lost 4 in a row to Indiana over the last 2 seasons. The Clippers are 9-9 ATS as the road underdog.
- Total Score: 114.04
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.98
- Three-Point Percentage: 38.60
- Free Throw Percentage: 79.12
- Total Rebounds: 45.36
- Total Score: 113.62
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.35
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.15
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.40
- Total Rebounds: 46.05
Why bet on the Indiana Pacers?The Indiana Pacers entered the month of February on a bit of a skid, losing 4 straight games, albeit as the underdog in 3 of them. That skid has been put in the rearview mirror now, though, as they come into this one on a modest 3-game winning skid, which included a 136-94 win over the Lakers in what may have been the best performance of the season for the Pacers.
While the nature of that win was surprising, we should probably not be surprised that it came on home courts, as Indiana has been solid in their own building, going 19-7 there this season. At home, the Pacers are 14-12 ATS, but they are a little less successful against the spread when playing as a home favorite, going 10-11 ATS.
- Total Score: 108.41
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.58
- Three-Point Percentage: 37.22
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.36
- Total Rebounds: 43.54
- Total Score: 103.52
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.80
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.67
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.67
- Total Rebounds: 42.93
Clippers vs Pacers NBA Betting Trends
- LA is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- LA is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of LA Clippers’s last 10 games on the road
- Indiana is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games
- Indiana is 15-7 SU in its last 22 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Indiana’s last 5 games
Expert Pick & Final Score PredictionThe Indiana Pacers are on a nice little run of form at the moment and have proven tough to break down in their own building this season. I like them to come away with the win over the Clippers and I also like them to cover the spread.
Score: LA Clippers 105 – Indiana Pacers 113