The Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers will both be looking to bounce back from losses in their respective last contests when they throw down at TD Garden on Thursday night in a matchup of elite, NBA Finals title contenders. With the C’s looking to take care of business and the Clippers looking for the road upset, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NBA Odds.
Clippers vs Celtics NBA Odds, Preview & Pick
- Who: Los Angeles Clippers (37-17) at Boston Celtics (36-17)
- When: Thursday February 13, 2020 at 8:00 PM ET
- Where: TD Garden, Boston, MA
- Radio: Clippers / Celtics
- TV: TNT, Prime Ticket, Sportsnet One
- NBA Odds: Celtics -7½ (Total: 220½)
Why Bet on the LA Clippers?
The Clippers are coming off a 110-103 loss to Philadelphia on Tuesday night that dropped them to 1-2 over their last three games. Kawhi Leonard scored a team-high 30 points and added nine assists in the loss while Landry Shamet added 19 points off the bench. Still, it wasn’t enough as Philly’s Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons each put up 26 points for the Sixers.
"I thought we lost the game because we didn’t play with any continuity offensively," Los Angeles coach Doc Rivers told reporters after the game.
Despite their recent troubles, the Clippers rank an encouraging sixth in scoring (115.6 ppg) while also ranking a solid 13th in points allowed (109.7 ppg). Los Angeles has gone a modest 15-12 on the road this season. On a more positive note, the Clippers are still incorporating new acquisition, Marcus Morris into their lineup.
Los Angeles Clippers 2020 NBA Betting Trends and Stats
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Clippers’ last 6 games.
- LA Clippers are 10-4 SU in their last 14 games.
- LA Clippers are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games against Boston.
- LA Clippers are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games against Boston.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of LA Clippers’ last 11 games on the road.
- LA Clippers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games when playing on the road against Boston.
- LA Clippers are 6-3 SU in their last 9 games this season.
- LA Clippers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Eastern conference.
- LA Clippers are 9-1 SU in their last 10 games against an opponent in the Atlantic division.
- Total Score: 115.61
- Field Goal %: 46.33
- Three Point %: 36.46
- Free Throw %: 78.48
- Total Rebounds: 48.11
- Total Score: 109.74
- Field Goal %: 43.67
- Three Point %: 34.29
- Free Throw %: 76.02
- Total Rebounds: 45.70
Why Bet on the Boston Celtics?
The Celtics had their seven-game winning streak snapped in their 116-105 loss to Houston on Tuesday night. The C’s got a team-high 20 points to go along with eight rebounds and six assists from Gordon Hayward while Jaylen Brown added 19 points. Leading scorer Jayson Tatum was held to a modest 15 points in the loss and Boston allowed Houston’s Russell Westbrook and James Harden to combine for 78 points in the loss.
"We were stagnant on offense," Celtics coach Brad Stevens told reporters afterward. "Part of the switching can do that to you and the physicality – they’re so physical when you set a ball screen – that you can’t create separation. So we finally got better at it as the game was going on."
Boston averages 112.6 points per game (12th) while ranking a stellar second in points allowed (105.7 ppg). The Celtics have gone a blistering 22-5 at home this season.
Boston Celtics 2020 NBA Betting Trends and Stats
- Boston are 8-4 ATS in their last 12 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Boston’s last 11 games.
- Boston are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Boston’s last 5 games against LA Clippers.
- Boston are 6-0 SU in their last 6 games at home.
- Boston are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games when playing at home against LA Clippers.
- Boston are 10-2 SU in their last 12 games this season.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Boston’s last 5 games against an opponent in the Western conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Boston’s last 8 games against an opponent in the Pacific division.
- Boston are 3-6 ATS in their last 9 games played in February.
- Total Score: 112.57
- Field Goal %: 46.30
- Three Point %: 36.24
- Free Throw %: 80.10
- Total Rebounds: 45.58
- Total Score: 105.72
- Field Goal %: 44.21
- Three Point %: 34.34
- Free Throw %: 75.91
- Total Rebounds: 43.79
Expert Analysis and Prediction
While I love the Los Angeles Clippers this season and I believe they are the team to beat in the Western Conference, I’m going with Boston to take care of business in this affair simply because they’ve been rock-solid at home and the Clippers have been just a bit better than mediocre on the road.
Yes, I know that Los Angeles has gone 6-2 ATS in the last 8 meetings against Boston and 5-1 ATS in their last six road dates against the C’s, but Boston has gone 5-1 ATS in their last 6 home games and 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight up loss. This one should be a thriller, but I’ve got the Celtics narrowly escaping with the win and ATS cover!
Boston 113 – LA Clippers 108