With all the major moves made in the NBA in the offseason, we all had an idea that this season was going to be a little bit different than what we have seen in the past. In fairness, the NBA had been a little predictable over the past decade or so, which just 2 or 3 teams each year really having a legitimate shot at winning the title. There were some signs of things changing last year, with the Toronto Raptors winning it all, but the movement of major players in free agency makes it tough to know how things will play out this year.
One of the biggest moves in the offseason saw Kawhi Leonard win a championship with the Raptors before jumping ship and making a move to the LA Clippers. It is going to be interesting to see what type of reception Leonard gets when he returns to the Rogers Centre with the Clippers on Wednesday night. Both teams are very much in the playoff conversation in their respective conferences, so this should be a good one. The Clippers head into Toronto as a 2 ½ point favorite, with the point total set at 222.
Clippers vs Raptors 2019 NBA Week 8 Odds & Game Preview
- When: Wednesday, December 11 at 7 PM EST
- Where: Rogers Centre, Toronto
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Odds: Los Angeles Clippers -2.5 (Total 222)
Why bet on the LA Clippers?The Western Conference in the NBA is very quickly becoming the domain of the LA teams, with the Lakers and Clippers occupying the top two spots. The Clippers, who are sitting at an impressive 18-7, are sitting 3 ½ games back of their city rivals at the moment and are doing a good job of keeping pace, winning back to back games to go to 8-2 in their last 10.
This is the second meeting between the Clippers and Raptors this season, with LA coming up with the 98-88 win on home court the last time out. If the Clippers have a weakness right now, it is their play on the road, where they are a game below .500 at 5-6. They have been good versus teams from the East, though, going 7-2 SU in 9 games.
- Total Score: 115.08
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.63
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.48
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.59
- Total Rebounds: 49.20
- Total Score: 108.32
- Field Goal Percentage: 42.84
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.90
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.48
- Total Rebounds: 45.72
Why bet on the Toronto Raptors?There was always going to be a bit of a drop off for the Raptors last season after winning it all. While Toronto have a very good team, it was always going to be tough to fill the hole left after the departure of Kawhi Leonard. Still, the Raptor find themselves in the thick of the playoff pack in the Eastern Conference, starting the year with a 16-7 record, which has them down in the #5 spot in the East.
Toronto is coming off a win that took them to 7-3 in their last 10 games, but it is their record at home that might make them a worthwhile pick in this one. They are 9-2 SU in their 11 home games this season and are 6-3 SU in their 9 games versus teams from the Western Conference.
- Total Score: 111.65
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.31
- Three-Point Percentage: 38.15
- Free Throw Percentage: 80.19
- Total Rebounds: 46.30
- Total Score: 105.26
- Field Goal Percentage: 41.36
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.93
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.25
- Total Rebounds: 48.52
Clippers vs Raptors NBA Betting Trends
- Raptors are 7-3 SU in their last 10 games this season
- Raptors are 13-7 ATS in their last 20 games against an opponent in the Western conference
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Toronto’s last 6 games played on a Wednesday
- Clippers are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Eastern conference
- Clippers are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Clippers’ last 6 games
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Clippers vs RaptorsThe last meeting between these two was a double-digit win for the Clippers, and while I think that this one will be tighter, I still think that we are looking at the same outcome. I am on the Clippers to win and cover.
Score: LA Clippers 113 – Toronto Raptors 110