While it is certainly fun for fans of the NBA see the conference races run close, it’s not so good for the teams who are in the midst of a losing streak. Given the current state of the standings in the NBA, any kind of losing streak is one that can send a team spinning down the rankings and below the playoff line. On the flipside, a team that has been struggling can very quickly move in the right direction when they hit a positive run of form. It’s still incredibly early in the season, which is good news for those teams who are having a difficult time of it right now.
It would be more than fair to suggest that the Minnesota Timberwolves fall into that category at the moment, as they have been in a bit of a downward spiral over the past couple of weeks. They will try to snap out of it at home on Friday night, but with the high-flying LA Clippers coming to town, that is going to be easier said than down.
Clippers vs Timberwolves 2019 NBA Spread & Pick for Thursday Night
- When: Friday, December 13 at 9:30 PM EST
- Where: Moby Arena, Fort Collins
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Odds: Los Angeles Clippers -5
Why bet on the LA Clippers?After a couple of down seasons, at least by their own standards, the LA Clippers are back in contention in the Western Conference. That said, they are still trailing their city rivals right now, with the Lakers very much looking like the team to beat this season.
Still, the Clippers are a very solid 19-7 to start the season and are coming into this one on a 3-game win streak that has taken them to 8-2 over the course of their last 10 games. While they have been about as close to unstoppable as it gets when playing on home court, they have been just okay on the road, going 6-6 SU through their first 12 road trips. On the plus side, they are 3-1 SU on this road trip through the first 4 games.
- Total Score: 114.96
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.57
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.23
- Free Throw Percentage: 78.04
- Total Rebounds: 49.23
- Total Score: 107.69
- Field Goal Percentage: 42.55
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.40
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.92
- Total Rebounds: 45.77
Why bet on the Minnesota Timberwolves?The Minnesota Timberwolves started the season well enough, but they are on a skid right now that they cannot seem to pull out of. After going 10-8 through their opening 18 games, the T-Wolves have now dropped 6 in a row and have slid below the playoff line in the Western Conference. To make matters even worse, they have been particularly poor in their own building, going 3-8 SU through their first 11 home games of the season.
A defense that was solid in the early going is now leaking a ridiculous number of points of late. Minnesota is in the top 10 in PPG scored, but they cannot keep up right now. It is perhaps no surprise then that they have failed to cover the spread in those 6 losses.
- Total Score: 114.63
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.50
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.33
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.50
- Total Rebounds: 46.79
- Total Score: 117.83
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.51
- Three-Point Percentage: 37.22
- Free Throw Percentage: 78.34
- Total Rebounds: 46.79
Clippers vs Timberwolves NBA Betting Trends
- Timberwolves are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Pacific division
- Timberwolves are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games this season
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Minnesota’s last 7 games against LA Clippers
- Clippers are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games this season
- Clippers are 10-2 ATS in their last 12 games played in December
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Clippers’ last 5 games on the road
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Clippers vs TimberwolvesYou would expect the Timberwolves to pull out of this slump sooner rather than later, but I’m just not s sure that it happens on Friday night. I am on the Clippers to win and maintain their pressure on the Lakers at the top of the West.
Score: LA Clippers 133 – Minnesota Timberwolves 118