While we still have the whole second half of the NBA season still to come, it is already clear that there are a number of teams who will not be getting anywhere near the playoffs. Some of these teams are familiar, as they have been in a slump for years now, while others are entering into a total rebuilding phase.
One of the teams that fall into the latter category is the Atlanta Hawks, a team that had a few years in the playoffs before essentially selling off all their best players in an effort to start from scratch. They have been particularly poor this season and find themselves well down in the Eastern Conference standings and with no real shot at making any type of move towards the playoff line. Things are potentially going to get worse for them on Friday night, as they will be on the road to face a Philadelphia 76ers team that is still hanging around just off the pace being set by the conference leaders. The 76ers are in as a 12 ½ point favorite, with the point total for this one set at 232.
Hawks vs 76ers NBA Betting Lines & Game Preview
.@jcollins20_ is a baaaaaaad man.He put up 30 points and grabbed 14 boards in Brooklyn #TrueToAtlanta pic.twitter.com/Gwreyy2Pdp— Atlanta Hawks (@ATLHawks) 10 de enero de 2019
- When: Friday, January 11 at 7 PM EST
- Where: Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia
- TV: ESPN+
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Betting Lines: Philadelphia 76ers -12.5 (Total 232)
Why bet on the Atlanta Hawks?
As we mentioned at the top of this piece, the Atlanta Hawks are having themselves a bit of a nightmare season, going just 12-29 through the first half. In Trae Young, the Hawks have a draft pick that they can potentially build around, as he is among the best performers among this year’s draft class.
That said, there are a lot of holes that need to be plugged before the Hawks can start thinking about life in the postseason again. Life on the road has been particularly difficult for Atlanta this season, with just 5 wins from the 24 games played away from home. They have also struggled mightily against teams with a winning record, going just 4-16 in those games. As a road underdog this season, the Hawks are 12-12 ATS, while going 12-12 O/U in games away from home.
- Total Score: 108.71
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.48
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.22
- Free Throw Percentage: 73.54
- Total Rebounds: 45.49
- Total Score: 117.20
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.08
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.66
- Free Throw Percentage: 74.45
- Total Rebounds: 45.90
Why bet on the Philadelphia 76ers?
The Philadelphia 76ers are sitting 3 ½ games off the pace in the Eastern Conference with a 27-15 record, which is good enough for 4th. If the 76ers can improve their performance on the road, they might well be able to make a serious push in the second half. Playing at home has certainly not been an issue for Philly, as they are 18-3 on home court this season.
The 76ers have feasted on the Hawks over the last 2 seasons, beating the Hawks in 4 straight games, which includes a 113-92 win in their meeting earlier this season. Philadelphia have also been very good against teams with a losing record in the NBA, going 20-7 in those match-ups. Philly are 12-9 ATS as a home favorite this season and are also 12-9 O/U in home games.
- Total Score: 114.60
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.79
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.25
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.51
- Total Rebounds: 47.52
- Total Score: 112.48
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.05
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.44
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.65
- Total Rebounds: 43.71
Hawks vs 76ers NBA Betting Trends
- Atlanta is 8-3 ATS in its last 11 games when playing Philadelphia
- Atlanta is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Atlanta’s last 5 games
- Philadelphia is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games at home
- Philadelphia is 19-3 SU in its last 22 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 6 games at home
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Hawks vs 76ers
The 76ers are an incredibly tough nut to crack in their own building, so this should be a game that they have very little problem winning against the struggling Atlanta Hawks.
Score: Atlanta Hawks 104 – Philadelphia 76ers 124