Fresh off a win against the Indiana Pacers, the Miami Heat head to Brooklyn to battle the Nets in an interesting matchup. Miami has been on fire in their past few games. Can they keep it going against a Brooklyn team that always steps it up at home? Keep reading for the NBA odds, analysis and a preview of the Heat vs Nets!
Heat vs Nets 2020 NBA Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- When: Friday, Jan. 10 at 7:30 pm ET
- Where: Barclays Center, Brooklyn, NY
- TV: NBA League Pass
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- ATS Odds: Heat -3 ½
- Over/Under Odds: 217
Why the Miami Heat are a good bet -3 ½?
The Heat are 3-1 both SU and ATS in their last 4. Miami heads to Brooklyn off a sensational 122-108 beat down they put onto the Indiana Pacers on Wednesday. In that game, the Heat had great balance. Star Jimmy Butler scored 14 points. 6 of his teammates scored between 15 to 19. If Miami brings the same type of balance to this game on Friday night, forget it. The Heat roll to another easy win..
- Points/G: 111.4
- Field Goal %: 46.9
- 3-Point %: 37.9
- Free Throw %: 76.8
- Rebounds/G: 45.7
- Points/G: 107.3
- Field Goal %: 44.2
- 3-Point %: 32.7
- Free Throw %: 76.4
- Rebounds/G: 41.6
Why the Brooklyn Nets are a good bet +3 ½?
Brooklyn is in bad form. But they could turn things around in their game against the Miami Heat on Jan. 10. The Nets always play tougher at home than they do on the road. In their last battle, they pushed the Oklahoma City Thunder to overtime. A similar effort could lead to a win against the spread and possible victory straight up on Friday.
- Points/G: 109.6
- Field Goal %: 43.7
- 3-Point %: 32.8
- Free Throw %: 74.7
- Rebounds/G: 48.5
- Points/G: 111.7
- Field Goal %: 43.3
- 3-Point %: 35.4
- Free Throw %: 35.4
- Rebounds/G: 47.4
NBA Betting Trends for Miami Heat vs Brooklyn Nets
- Heat are 17-7-1 ATS in their last 25 games versus a team with a losing straight up record
- Miami is 5-12 ATS in their last 17 Friday games
- Heat are 9-3 ATS in the last 12 meetings in Brooklyn
- Miami is 2-6 ATS in the last 8 meetings
- Over is 9-1-1 ATS in the Heat last 11 games playing on a day of rest
- Brooklyn is 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games playing on 2-days rest
- Nets are 0-7 ATS in their last 7 games
- Brooklyn is 0-6 ATS in their last 6 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game
- Under is 4-1-1 in Nets last 6 games as an underdog
Heat vs Nets Final NBA Betting Analysis
Although the Brooklyn Nets fight hard, they won’t have an answer against one of the top teams in the NBA on Friday night. First, the Nets must play without Kyrie Irving. With Irving on the bench, they’ve struggled to score.
Second, the Nets haven’t covered a spread since Dec. 21 when they beat the Atlanta Hawks 121-112. That’s a string of 7 straight losses ATS and SU. Also, in the last head-to-head, Miami handled the Nets 109-106.
Third and final, the Heat have a go-to player in Jimmy Butler. As they proved on Wednesday, Butler mustn’t score 30 points for the Heat to win. But if they need Jimmy to score 30 points, he will. This game sets up as a big Miami win and cover.
NBA Free Pick: Heat -3 ½