Two of the best in the Eastern Conference throw down on Wednesday night when the Miami Heat travel to Bankers Life Fieldhouse to take on the Indiana Pacers. Miami has a 26-10 record. Indiana boasts a 23-14 record. Which team gets the win on Jan. 8? Check out the NBA odds, a preview, and a free pick for Heat vs Pacers!
Heat vs Pacers 2020 NBA Odds, Preview & Pick
- When: Wednesday, Jan. 8 at 7:00 pm ET
- Where: Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, IN
- TV: NBA League Pass
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- ATS Odds: Pacers -1
- Over/Under Odds: 211
Why the Miami Heat are a good bet +1?
The Heat have been on a tear. Miami is 6-2 SU in their last 8 games. Among their 6 wins are signature victories versus the Utah Jazz, Philadelphia 76ers, and Toronto Raptors. They beat Indiana 113-112 in the last head-to-head matchup. There’s no reason to believe the Heat doesn’t come out swinging and takedown Indiana again on Wednesday night.
- Points/G: 111.1
- Field Goal %: 46.7
- 3-Point %: 37.8
- Free Throw %: 76.7
- Rebounds/G: 45.8
- Points/G: 107.3
- Field Goal %: 44.1
- 3-Point %: 32.7
- Free Throw %: 76.4
- Rebounds/G: 41.7
Why the Indiana Pacers are a good bet -1?
While the Pacers don’t have a 6-2 SU record, they do have a signature victory in their last 4 games. Indiana beat Philadelphia 115-97 on Dec. 31. The Pacers got their defense working in that battle. Miami shot 45% from the field and 42% from three in the last matchup. That game happened in Miami. Indiana won’t allow the Heat to have that much success in the rematch.
- Points/G: 109.3
- Field Goal %: 46.7
- 3-Point %: 36.9
- Free Throw %: 80.0
- Rebounds/G: 43.6
- Points/G: 106.2
- Field Goal %: 44.2
- 3-Point %: 33.6
- Free Throw %: 77.7
- Rebounds/G: 45.3
NBA Betting Trends for Miami Heat vs Indiana Pacers
- Heat are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games playing on 2 days rest
- Miami is 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 games versus a team with a winning percentage above .600
- Heat are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 road games
- Over is 11-2 in Miami’s last 13 games after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game
- Pacers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 home games
- Indiana is 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games as a home underdog
- Pacers are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games on a Wednesday
- Over is 6-1 in Pacers last 7 overall
Heat vs Pacers Final NBA Betting Analysis
Although the Pacers’ defense should play better in the rematch, there’s no guarantee it will. Since the win against the 76ers, the defense has fallen off a cliff.
Denver shot 53% from the field in a 124-116 win. Atlanta shot 51% in a 116-111 win. Even Charlotte had a good shooting night from the field in the Pacers’ last game. The Hornets shot 46% even though the Pacers beat them 115-104.
Miami heads into this off a 122-111 victory against Portland where Jimmy Butler didn’t play. Butler is listed as probable for this matchup. He can dominate Indiana with slashes to the rim. If the Pacers intend on stopping Miami’s three-point shooters, the Heat score at will in the paint. Miami gets the victory.
NBA Free Pick: Heat +1