While much of the focus on the Western Conference is on the great battle taking place at the top between the Warriors and the Nuggets, there is also a great race going on for all the playoff spots. As it stands now, there 2 teams sitting right below the playoff line are there by the very slimmest of margins. A good winning streak in this conference can very quickly move a team up the standings, while a losing streak can send a team tumbling down in the wrong direction.
The Wednesday night game between the Utah Jazz and the LA Clippers at the Staples Center features a pair of teams heading in very different directions right now. The Clippers are on a losing skid that has seen them sliding ever closer to the playoff line. On the flip side, the Jazz is sitting below that line, but they are another win away from breaking into the top 8. This has all the makings of a close match-up, which is why the Clippers are in as a 1-point favorite, with the point total set at 224 ½.
Jazz at Clippers NBA Lines & Analysis for Wednesday Night
📓| Ekpe always has a bit of advice for his teammates. Last night it was, “Pay some people some compliments tomorrow. Be grateful.”» https://t.co/ybpFw7zHVX pic.twitter.com/nGe4GQaVae — Utah Jazz (@utahjazz) 16 de enero de 2019
- When: Wednesday, January 16 at 10:30 PM EST
- Where: Staples Center, LA
- TV: NBA TV
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Odds: Los Angeles Clippers -1 (Total 224.5)
Why bet on the Utah Jazz?
The Utah Jazz is sitting below the playoff line right now, but given their current run of form, they are not likely to be there for very long. The Jazz is coming into this one on a 4-game win streak, as well as winning 7 of their last 10 games. They are now 3 games above .500, although that does not extend to the road, where they are 11-12 this season.
This will be the first meeting between these two this season and the Jazz will be looking to carry over their success against the Clipper last year, where they won 3 in a row. Utah has gone 2-2 ATS in their last 4 road games and is 4-6-1 ATS in all road games that they have started as the underdog this season.
- Total Score: 107.80
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.98
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.60
- Free Throw Percentage: 72.47
- Total Rebounds: 45.09
- Total Score: 104.98
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.45
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.87
- Free Throw Percentage: 74.50
- Total Rebounds: 42.78
Why bet on the LA Clippers?
The LA Clippers are on a run that is seeing them get sucked down towards the playoff line, where they are just a single game up on the Jazz down in the #9 slot. The Clippers have now lost 3 games in a row, taking their recent record to 5-5 in their last 10 games.
That being said, the Clippers have still been tough to beat at Staples Center, going 14-8 in their own building. Many of those wins have come against lesser opposition, though, with the Clippers going just 11-13 in games against teams with a winning record. The Clippers have failed to cover in each of their last 3 games, but they have been a decent bet as a home favorite, going 11-5 ATS in those games. They have gone 4-1 ATS in the last 5 games that they started as the favorite.
- Total Score: 115.35
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.48
- Three-Point Percentage: 38.74
- Free Throw Percentage: 80.11
- Total Rebounds: 45.51
- Total Score: 114.33
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.37
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.97
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.47
- Total Rebounds: 45.86
Jazz at Clippers NBA Week 14 Betting Trends
- Utah is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games on the road
- Utah is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing LA Clippers
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Utah’s last 5 games
- LA Clippers is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
- LA Clippers is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Clippers’s last 5 games at home
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Jazz at Clippers
Given the current betting odds for this match-up, we are basically looking at a pick play. It’s tough to ignore the current form of both teams here, as well as their previous match-ups, which is why I am taking the Jazz to edge this one.
Score: Utah Jazz 111 – LA Clippers 110