The goal of every team heading into the new NBA season is to be crowned as champion when all is said and done. It’s a goal that is only really viable for a select few, though, as there is a very big gap between the contenders and the rest of the pack in this league. With that in mind, you will find that some teams downgrade their goals to simply getting into the postseason as the season progresses. After all, when you get in, there is always the possibility of making a good run. The Boston Celtics are somewhat stuck in the middle at this late stage of the season, and not just in their current standing in the Eastern Conference.
This was a team that started the season as one of the favorites to win it all, but they have seriously underwhelmed and are now in a fight just to try and get a top 4 spot. Wins are what is required, and you would certainly like their chances on Thursday night when they host the Sacramento Kings, who look like they will be missing out on the postseason. Boston is in as a 7.5-point favorite for this one.
How to Bet Kings vs Celtics NBA Spread & Expert Pick
- When: Thursday, March 14 at 7:30 PM EST
- Where: TD Garden, Boston
- TV: ESPN
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Odds: Boston Celtics -7.5 (Total 227)
Why bet on the Sacramento Kings?
You might fancy their chances of making a run at the #8 seed if they were showing some signs of life, but with just 3 wins in their last 10 games, they are sliding ever closer to having that “e” for elimination sitting beside their name in the standings. The Kings have been poor on the road, going just 13-19, but perhaps more importantly, they have lost 3 in a row to Boston and have not won at the Garden since 2007. Sacramento is 10-15 ATS as a road dog.
- Total Score: 113.65
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.22
- Three-Point Percentage: 37.47
- Free Throw Percentage: 72.22
- Total Rebounds: 45.38
- Total Score: 114.82
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.11
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.32
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.81
- Total Rebounds: 48.64
Why bet on the Boston Celtics?
The Celtics are .500 on the road and 24-10 at home, so you can clearly see how getting home court advantage in the opening round would help, especially since their current standing suggests that they are not going to get an easier team in the opening round of the NBA playoffs. If there is one thing to like about this Celtics team, besides their SU record at home, it’s that they have also been a decent bet against the spread in their own building, going 20-12 ATS as a home favorite.
- Total Score: 112.34
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.51
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.54
- Free Throw Percentage: 80.95
- Total Rebounds: 44.54
- Total Score: 107.10
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.79
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.04
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.15
- Total Rebounds: 45.53
Kings vs Celtics NBA Betting Trends
- Sacramento is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Sacramento is 4-12 SU in its last 16 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Sacramento’s last 5 games on the road
- Boston is 3-5-1 ATS in its last 9 games
- Boston is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Boston’s last 8 games
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Kings vs Celtics
Score: Sacramento Kings 108 – Boston Celtics 119