Every once in a while, in professional sports, a single team pulls away from the pack and becomes a dynasty over the course of several years. When that run comes to an end, it is usually when star players go past their prime or move on, or when the team owners decide that it’s time to start scaling back on salaries and rebuilding. In the NBA, the Golden State Warriors have been that team over the past few seasons and are once again proving that they are the team to beat this time around, in the Western Conference at least.
After spending some time being in the chasing pack, the Warriors are back on top and looking strong. We can probably expect them to continue playing hard and getting better as the postseason draws ever closer, which could be bad news for the Sacramento Kings, who will be in Oakland on Thursday night to face the Warriors. The Kings are fighting for a playoff spot in the West, but they are unlikely to get any help from Golden State, who are in as a 12 ½ point favorite for this one. The point total has been set at 240.
Kings vs Warriors NBA Odds, Preview & Expert Pick
- When: Thursday, February 21 at 10:30 PM EST
- Where: Oracle Arena, Oakland
- TV: TNT
- Radio: TuneIn/NBA
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Odds: Golden State Warriors -12.5 (Total 239)
Why bet on the Sacramento Kings?The Sacramento Kings are sitting below the playoff line in the Western Conference, 1 game off the pace being set by the LA Clippers in the #8 spot. You have to hand it to the Kings, though, as they are certainly doing all they can to stay in the fight, winning 6 of their last 10 games.
The problem that the Kings have here, though, is trying to find a way to beat a Warriors team that has taken them out on 4 straight occasions, including all 3 meetings this season. In fairness to Sacramento, though, they have kept things close in all 3 of those losses, with the average margin of defeat coming in at a touch over 3 PPG. The Kings are a poor 11-16 SU on the road and are 8-13 ATS as a road underdog this season.
- Total Score: 113.40
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.57
- Three-Point Percentage: 37.80
- Free Throw Percentage: 71.32
- Total Rebounds: 45.02
- Total Score: 114.63
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.30
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.07
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.03
- Total Rebounds: 48.25
Why bet on the Golden State Warriors?The very best teams tend to have a way of overcoming indifferent starts and getting stronger as the season progresses, which is where the Golden State Warriors are at the moment. Seeing them anywhere other than at the top of the Western Conference is always a surprise, and while they trailed the Denver Nuggets for a portion of the season, you always had a feeling that the champions would land back on top.
That is where they are now, boasting a 41-16 record that is good enough to give them a 2-game cushion in the West. As always, the Warriors are strong at home, going 22-7. They are also 14 games above .500 versus conference foes, but they have been a little wobbly against the spread, going just 11-16-1 ATS as a home favorite.
- Total Score: 118.81
- Field Goal Percentage: 49.10
- Three-Point Percentage: 38.40
- Free Throw Percentage: 81.24
- Total Rebounds: 46.40
- Total Score: 111.40
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.78
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.01
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.07
- Total Rebounds: 43.60
Kings vs Warriors NBA Betting Trends
- Sacramento is 3-8 ATS in its last 11 games on the road
- Sacramento is 2-9 SU in its last 11 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Sacramento’s last 8 games on the road
- Golden State is 1-4-1 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Golden State is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Golden State’s last 9 games when playing at home against Sacramento
Expert Pick and Final Score PredictionIt’s tough to imagine the Warriors losing this one at home, which is why I am on them to complete the regular season sweep over the Kings. I think that Golden State will do enough to cover, but I think the total will fall UNDER.
Score: Sacramento Kings 110 – Golden State Warriors 123