With the NBA trade deadline just around the corner, every team in the league is going to need to decide what it is they want to do. Some of the teams at the top will either choose to stick with what they have or perhaps make a smaller move that gives them a little more depth. On the flipside, you will have some teams looking to swing a bigger deal as they look to improve their current standings or find a way into the playoffs.
One team that is absolutely looking to make a deal are the LA Lakers, as they have made it clear that they want to get Anthony Davis in the line-up sooner rather than later. They have been struggling badly without the injured LeBron James, so the addition of Davis would be a huge boost. LA is just looking to stay within striking distance of the playoff line right now, but they have a tough one ahead of them on Tuesday night, as they will be on the road to face the Indiana Pacers who are in a decent position in the East. The Lakers are a 2 ½ point favorite, with the point total set at 216.
How to Bet Lakers at Pacers NBA Spread & Expert Pick
LeBron confirmed that he’ll play tonight in Indiana after missing the previous contest due to load management.— Mike Trudell (@LakersReporter) 5 de febrero de 2019
- When: Tuesday, February 5 at 7 PM EST
- Where: Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indiana
- TV: TNT
- Radio: TuneIn/NBA
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Odds: Los Angeles Lakers -2.5 (Total 217)
Why bet on the LA Lakers?
The Lakers have been trying to tread water without the services of LeBron James, but the reality is that they are sinking. They have moved from being in a comfortable playoff position to below the playoff line, a game and a half out, in his absence. The Lakers are just 4-6 in their last 10 games and are now also 3 games below .500 on the road. They did have a win against Indiana earlier in the season, but that one came at home and with LeBron in the line-up.
Versus teams from the East, the Lakers have gone 8-8 this season, but they have failed to come away with a win in their last 5 trips to Indiana. Against the spread, LA is 15-8-1 as the favorite, which includes being 5-7 ATS as the road favorite.
- Total Score: 112.11
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.27
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.52
- Free Throw Percentage: 68.86
- Total Rebounds: 47.45
- Total Score: 112.11
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.28
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.76
- Free Throw Percentage: 78.23
- Total Rebounds: 47.08
Why bet on the Indiana Pacers?
The Pacers recently found themselves on a 4-game losing skid that saw them lose some ground in the race for the Eastern Conference crown, but they appear to have now broken out of that slump, as they are coming into this game on a modest 2-game win streak.
Like their Tuesday night opponents, the Pacers are playing .500 ball versus teams outside their conference. Where Indiana has been incredibly solid, though, is in their own building, where they are 18-7 this season. This is a team that has only managed to cover the spread 3 times in their last 10 games, but they should not be overlooked as a home underdog, as they have covered in 3 of the 4 games that they started carrying that label.
- Total Score: 107.89
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.39
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.74
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.45
- Total Rebounds: 43.58
- Total Score: 103.70
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.77
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.87
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.66
- Total Rebounds: 43.09
Lakers at Pacers NBA Betting Trends
- LA is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- LA is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Lakers’s last 5 games
- Indiana is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games when playing LA Lakers
- Indiana is 12-3 SU in its last 15 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Indiana’s last 5 games at home
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction
While James is back in the line-up, he appears to be taking his time in making a full return, sitting out a big game against the Warriors over the weekend. I have the Pacers springing the mild upset in this one.
Score: LA Lakers 107 – Indiana Pacers 110