This past offseason was one of the most memorable in recent years in the NBA, as we saw several big-name players change addresses during a crazy free agency period. The teams who make the move to sign these players make it clear that they are throwing their hat in the ring in the bid for an NBA title. It’s a bold, not to mention costly, move that doesn’t always reap the dividends that each individual team had hoped for. After all, only one team can win it all, so there are going to be some fan bases left feeling more than a little disappointed that their big free agency splash did not deliver a championship.
One team that went big in the offseason, for the second straight year, was the LA Lakers, and it looks as though their shopping spree may well be starting to pay off in a big way. The Lakers are currently dominating in the Western Conference, but they will have a tricky one on Friday night when they head to Miami to face the Heat. We will have the NBA odds for this game up as soon as they go live.
Lakers vs Heat 2019 NBA Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- When: Friday, December 13 at 7 PM EST
- Where: American Airlines Arena, Miami
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Odds: TBA
Why bet on the LA Lakers?When the Lakers landed LeBron James prior to the start of last season, everyone knew that the Lakers would be better. Unfortunately, it became clear that they needed more pieces after James went down wit an injury that cost him a good portion of the season. This past offseason, the Lakers landed Anthony Davis and are seeing great success thus far, going 22-3 SU to start the year.
The Lakers come into this one in the midst of a 5-game win streak, a run that has taken them to 9-1 in their last 10 games. You look at their current record and it’s been obvious that they have been good no matter where they play. The Lakers are an impressive 12-1 on the road this season and are 6-1 SU versus teams from the Eastern Conference.
- Total Score: 113.76
- Field Goal Percentage: 48.71
- Three-Point Percentage: 37.10
- Free Throw Percentage: 73.79
- Total Rebounds: 45.40
- Total Score: 103.92
- Field Goal Percentage: 43.59
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.66
- Free Throw Percentage: 79.92
- Total Rebounds: 41.68
Why bet on the Miami Heat?We all had a pretty good idea that the Milwaukee Bucks were going to be the team to beat in the Eastern Conference this season, which has proven to be the case. The biggest question was about which teams would be able to challenge them for the East crown. There are a few teams trying to keep pace at the moment, with the Miami Heat right there. The Heat are sitting in second in the conference with an 18-6 record.
They come into this one on a very decent run of form, winning 3 in a row to get to 7-3 in their last 10 games. The one thing that really jumps out when you look at their stats is their 11-0 SU mark on home court. They are 9-2 SU in the last 11 home games versus the Lakers.
- Total Score: 111.96
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.42
- Three-Point Percentage: 38.16
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.84
- Total Rebounds: 45.38
- Total Score: 106.17
- Field Goal Percentage: 43.74
- Three-Point Percentage: 32.08
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.69
- Total Rebounds: 40.67
Lakers vs Heat NBA Betting Trends
- Heat are 12-0 SU in their last 12 games at home
- Heat are 3-10 ATS in their last 13 games played on a Friday
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Miami’s last 7 games against an opponent in the Western conference
- Lakers are 12-0 SU in their last 12 games on the road
- Lakers are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games this season
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of LA Lakers’ last 10 games
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Lakers vs HeatWe have a great road team going against an unbeaten home team in what should be a fun game to watch. While I tend to favor the home team in close games, I think the Lakers will hand the Heat their first home loss of the season.
Score: LA Lakers 116 – Miami Heat 113