In the Eastern Conference, 5 of the 8 available playoffs spots have already been filled, with a bit of a battle going on to fill the remaining 3. While there are 6 teams still alive in the hunt to fill those available spaces, the reality is that we are looking at 5 teams with a shot, as the Washington Wizards as only mathematically alive by the very slimmest of margins. As it stands right now, there are just 2 games separating #6 through #10, so this is a battle that is almost certainly going to go all the way down to the wire.
The Thursday night game between the Orlando Magic and the Detroit Pistons is absolutely huge, as they are both caught up in that mix. Both of these teams are in a playoff spot ahead of this game, but neither is guaranteed to stay there, even with a win in this one. The winner here will get a serious leg-up, though, as well as some separation from the chasing pack. The Pistons come into this one as a 3 ½ point favorite, with the point total set at 207.
Magic vs Pistons NBA Betting Lines & Game Analysis
- When: Thursday, March 28 at 7 PM EST
- Where: Little Caesars Arena, Detroit
- TV: NBA TV
- Radio: TuneIn/NBA
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Odds: Detroit Pistons -3.5 (Total 207)
Why bet on the Orlando Magic?If you want to talk about a team peaking at just the right time, you need to talk about the Orlando Magic, as they are coming into this one on a 6-game winning streak that has taken them over the playoff line and into the #8 seed in the Eastern Conference.
That winning run has them just a half game back of the Pistons, who are in the midst of a slump, so this is a real opportunity for Orlando to move a little further up the standings. It should be noted here, though, that 5 of those 6 wins came on home court, so let’s not forget that the Magic are just 14-22 on the road this season and have only managed 1 win in their last 6 visits to Detroit. The Magic are 11-19 SU as a road underdog this season and are 16-14 ATS as a road dog.
- Total Score: 106.28
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.04
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.43
- Free Throw Percentage: 78.04
- Total Rebounds: 45.40
- Total Score: 106.07
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.24
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.47
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.94
- Total Rebounds: 45.19
Why bet on the Detroit Pistons?The Detroit Pistons have gone cold at the worst time imaginable, losing 3 in a row and 6 of their last 10 to fall all the way down to the #7 spot. They are now just a single game above the playoff line, although Orlando did them a little bit of a solid this week by beating the Miami Heat, the team in the #9 spot. The good news for the Pistons is that they are back home after going just 1-4 SU on their 5-game road trip.
Home court has been a much happier place for these teams, as they have posted a 23-13 record in their own building. On the plus side, at least from a betting standpoint, the Pistons have covered in 4-straight, as well as 6 of their last 7. Detroit is 17-5 SU and 13-9 ATS as a home favorite this season.
- Total Score: 107.53
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.06
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.95
- Free Throw Percentage: 74.62
- Total Rebounds: 45.05
- Total Score: 107.86
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.22
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.65
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.41
- Total Rebounds: 43.45
Magic vs Pistons NBA Betting Trends
- Orlando is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Orlando is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Orlando’s last 5 games on the road
- Detroit is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Detroit is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Detroit’s last 9 games at home
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Magic vs PistonsAs well as the Orlando Magic are playing right now, we cannot ignore their road woes, especially when it comes to playing in Detroit. I think the bubble bursts for Orlando on Thursday night, as I like Detroit to win this one.
Score: Orlando Magic 104 – Detroit Pistons 106