The bookies know who they like to win the NBA Title this year, as you can clearly see based on the odds that they have posted at the moment. The better question right now, though, is who you like at this current time. It’s always dangerous to start making wild predictions at this still relatively early stage of the season, but if you were forced to pick the champion this year, who would it be. The Milwaukee Bucks have the best record in the league and would certainly get a lot of votes, but after losing in the playoffs last year, are they ready to take the next step? They have what looks to be an unassailable lead in the Eastern Conference, even with so many games still to play, while the LA Lakers are working themselves into that position over in the Western Conference.
The Lakers appear to have built a team that is ready to make a deep postseason run, but only time will tell. For now, the Lakers will look to continue their regular season dominance when they host the Orlando Magic on Wednesday night. The Lakers are favored by 10 ½, with the point total set at 212.
Magic vs Lakers 2020 NBA Betting Lines & Expert Analysis
- When: Wednesday, January 15 at 10:30 PM EST
- Where: Staples Center, LA
- TV: NBA TV
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- Radio: SiriusXM
- NBA Odds: Los Angeles Lakers -10.5 (Total 212)
Why bet on the Orlando Magic?The Orlando Magic come into this one sitting 2 games below .500 at 19-21 on the season, yet they are still above the playoff line in the Eastern Conference. Surprisingly enough, they are in the #7 spot by a rather comfortable margin, as they are 5 ½ games up on the Charlotte Hornets, the team sitting right below the playoff line in the East.
The Magic are in a decent run of form right now, coming into this game on the heels of a win that took them to 6-4 in their last 10 games. They have also covered the spread in 6 of their last 7 games and are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games versus the Lakers. On the downside, they are just 1-5 SU in their last 6 games versus teams from the Western Conference.
- Total Score: 103.75
- Field Goal Percentage: 43.21
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.25
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.18
- Total Rebounds: 45.15
- Total Score: 103.50
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.91
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.27
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.63
- Total Rebounds: 46.28
Why bet on the LA Lakers?Everyone thought that LeBron James going to the Lakers last season would make them an instant contender, but it quickly became clear that he needed more of a surrounding cast. The addition of Anthony Davis as a free agent has turned the Lakers into a legitimate championship threat, as they have looked fantastic on their way to a 33-7 record.
They are in particularly hot form right now, coming into this game on a streak that has seen them win 9 in a row. More bad news for the Magic is that LA are 16-4 in their own building this season and are a perfect 22-0 against teams with a sub-.500 record. The Lakers are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 against teams from the Southeast Division.
- Total Score: 113.88
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.60
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.08
- Free Throw Percentage: 74.25
- Total Rebounds: 45.72
- Total Score: 105.08
- Field Goal Percentage: 43.74
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.31
- Free Throw Percentage: 79.02
- Total Rebounds: 42.00
Magic vs Lakers 2020 NBA Betting Trends
- Lakers are 6-0 SU in their last 6 games at home
- Lakers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games played in January
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Lakers’ last 6 games
- Magic are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games
- Magic are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games this season
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Orlando’s last 8 games on the road
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Magic vs LakersThe Lakers are in absolute cruise control right now and I see nothing here that would suggest their current great run is about to come to an end. I think they win this one going away, covering the spread in the process.
Score: Orlando Magic 98 – LA Lakers 117