The Washington Wizards will look to record rare consecutive victories when they host an Orlando Magic team looking to break out of the slump they’ve been in when the two Eastern Conference playoff longshots square off on New Year’s Day. With both teams going all out for the mid-week win, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NBA odds.
Magic vs Wizards 2019 NBA Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick
- When: Wednesday, January 1, 2020 at 6:00 PM ET
- Where: Capital One Arena, Washington, D.C.
- TV: FSFL
- Radio: Orlando / Washington
- Live Stream: NFL League Pass
- NBA Odds: OFF / Total: OFF
Why Bet On Orlando?
The best reason to back Orlando is because the Magic have been elite defensively in limiting the opposition to just 104.8 points per game this season (third). Orlando should be highly motivated to snap a two-game skid that includes a 101-93 home loss against Atlanta on Monday night. The bad news is that Orlando ranks a dismal 30th in scoring (102.9 ppg) while dropping eight of their 12 road games so far. The Magic are 7-8-1 ATS on the road and 5-5 ATS in their last 10 road dates against their Eastern Conference counterparts.
- Average Score For: 102.88
- Field Goals: 43.09
- Three Points: 33.33
- Free Throws: 76.53
- Rebounds: 44.18
- Average Score Against: 104.76
- Field Goals: 45.67
- Three Points: 36.61
- Free Throws: 75.00
- Rebounds: 46.36
Why Bet On Washington?
The best reason to back Washington in this affair is because the Wizards can score the ball with any team in the league in putting up a healthy 116.6 points per contest (third). Washington has gone 5-8 at home this season and comes into this contest off a convincing 123-105 win over Miami on Monday night. Washington is 6-7 ATS at home, but just 3-7 ATS over their last 10 games overall.
- Average Score For: 116.63
- Field Goals: 46.19
- Three Points: 36.86
- Free Throws: 78.98
- Rebounds: 41.91
- Average Score Against: 121.00
- Field Goals: 49.17
- Three Points: 38.14
- Free Throws: 78.63
- Rebounds: 46.69
NBA Betting Trends for Magic vs Wizards
- Magic are 1-4 ATS in the last 5 games against Washington
- Magic are 3-8 SU in the last 11 games
- The total went UNDER in 4 of Orlando’s last 5 games
- Wizards are 12-4 ATS in the last 16 games played in January
- Wizards are 4-12 SU in the last 16 games
- The total went OVER in 5 of Washington’s last 6 games
Magic vs Wizards Expert Analysis and Prediction
While Orlando has been wildly inconsistent this season, the Magic have recorded a handful of eye-opening wins this season while Washington really hasn’t impressed nearly as much. The Wizards have dropped 14 of their last 19 home games and they have no answer for Orlando all-star center Nikola Vucevic. Despite their struggles on the road this season, I’m going with Orlando for the outright win on New Year’s Day!
Pick: Orlando 113 Washington 107