Aaron Gordon and the Orlando Magic will be going all-out to get the win and improve on their slim postseason hopes when they host Luke Doncic and the Dallas Mavericks at the Amway Center on Friday night. With both ballclubs looking to pick up where they left off in their respective first games since the annual all-star break, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NBA Odds.
Mavericks vs Magic 2020 NBA Odds, Analysis and Predictions
- When: Friday February 21, 2020, 7:00 PM ET
- Where: Amway Center, Orlando, FL
- TV: FS Southwest, FS Florida
- NBA Odds: Dallas -4 / Total: 220
Why Bet On Dallas
The Mavericks won two of their final three games prior to the all-star break including a 130-111 win over Sacramento on Feb. 12 that saw Luka Doncic return from a seven-game absence to score a game-high 33 points while adding 12 rebounds and eight assists.
“Coming out of the break, we’ve got to lick our wounds and the home stretch is going to be big for playoff positioning and all that. We haven’t made the playoffs yet,” Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle told reporters.
Sweet-shooting big man Kristaps Porzingis has heated up recently, averaging a fantastic 28.8 points in the five games he played while Doncic was out. Dallas averages 116.4 points per game to rank a stellar third in scoring while allowing 110.5 points per contest defensively (15th). The Mavs have gone an impressive 18-8 on the road this season.
- Mavericks are 13-3-1 ATS in their last 17 games as a road favorite.
- Mavericks are 17-5-1 ATS in their last 23 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Mavericks are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 Friday games.
- Mavericks are 15-6-2 ATS in their last 23 games vs. a team with a losing straight up record.
- Mavericks are 35-15-3 ATS in their last 53 road games.
- Mavericks are 3-10-2 ATS in their last 15 games following a ATS win.
- Mavericks are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games following a straight up win.
Why Bet On Orlando
The Magic won their final two games prior to the all-star break including a 116-112 overtime win over Detroit on Feb. 12 as Aaron Gordon scored a team-high 25 points with nine rebounds and nine assists.
“I’d like the team to be playing a little bit better,” Gordon said afterward. “I know that I help us and when I play well, the team plays well – which is kind of a given. But we’ve got a long way to go to be a team that is in contention and can win in the playoffs. But I’m going to continue to play the way that I know how to play, be true to myself and have fun playing the game.”
Orlando averages a modest 103.9 points per game (29th) while limiting the opposition to just 105.4 points per game defensively to rank a stupendous first in points allowed. The Magic have gone 15-13 at home this season.
- Magic are 7-19-2 ATS in their last 28 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Magic are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games following an ATS loss.
- Magic are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games playing on 3 or more days rest.
- Magic are 2-9 ATS in their last 11 games overall.
- Magic are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 home games.
Mavericks vs Magic Expert Analysis and Prediction
The Mavericks might be favored in this contest and they might have the better overall record, but I like the fact that Orlando is kind of desperate right now and I believe the Magic have more than enough motivation to cover the chalk at home in this matchup as slight home dogs.
While Dallas has gone 11-5 ATS in the last 16 meetings and 10-3 ATS in the last 13 road dates against Orlando, I’m going to go against the vast majority of key ATS trends surrounding this pairing simply because I’m sensing Orlando is going to get the revenge they’re looking for after losing a heart-breaker against the Mavs earlier this season. I’m expecting Aaron Gordon, Nikola Vucevic and the blossoming Markelle Fultz to show up in a big way to help the Magic get the outright win and ATS cover.
Pick: Orlando 108 Dallas 105